1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You're the guys who reckon you have crystal balls.and can see a bright future on WTO rules.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. (1) something is broken, the status quo doesn't work either, we need something new as all involved won't change

(2) I hate democracy when I don't win and I hate change

which would you see yourself as?

3. i see you as a bit of a No2..
    you forgot option No3 btw.
    No3 being lying/cheated to get a result. which, under electoral law in the uk is alowed during an election campaign.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fin, EVERY election has always had BOTH sides giving truths, truths as they see them and let's say optimistic hopes, The snp side carried out the exact same tactics as does every political party.

The idea this has only ever happened on Brexit is the food for fools and desperation by remainers. It's for the voter to look through the custard and find what what it is all about then make their own mind up when they walk into the voting booth

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. yip,they are all like that sir...
    Brexit, a clasic cut of yer nose to spite yer face gig.
    anyhoo, thats the case during a campaign. you can lie, smear, and slander to a degree during that period and not face criminal charges.
    as the Carmichal V's the Orkney 4 proved. the judge branded him a liar over the frenchgate affair, but was unable to impose a sentence. he then had the cheek to counter claim for his expenses as the trial had tarnished his reputation. wtf?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If the leave campaign had been an advertising campaign for a firm or product it would have been illegal. How come it’s legal to lie and cheat in an election campaign??

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. There's no such thing as democracy, it's as much of a myth as straight bananas.
    People vote the way Lord Rothermere and Rupert Murdoch tell them to vote.
    When Tony Blair got into power, it was for one reason and one reason only - Rupert Murdoch decided to back him.
    Cynical, moi?? Too right...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Fin, the snp told their supporters in indi 1 that their future would be aided by oil getting upto $1.30 a barrel, despite at the time of the vote it had been on the severe downslide price wise which then went down to $28.76 a barrel in jan 2016 and only now is back upto today at $64.85.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2480/brent-crude-oil-prices-10-year-daily-chart

Using my perspective, they could have believed it was the truth, told it as they hoped it would be or a truth as they saw it

Using your perspective, the snp lied as they had no facts to support the $1.30 a barrel claim but used it anyway knowing they had no facts to support it

Which version do you want to use today?

9. uC6SBO3.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. whch was considerably lower than the uk predicted value at the time..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I haven't a clue. ;)

12. Finally...you agree all sides do it ! Thank you bud, we got there in the end :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. You blinked waaaay too early there :thinkingface: of course they would :bucktooth:
    And I have a GSX-R that’s worth more than most Pani’s :thinkingface:
    It’s because of all the people who cannot accept the democratic vote of 3 years ago that the EU have negotiating power - but after a proper ‘clean’ brexit they have none.
    You are stopping a proserous future unless we get that clean break so well done :):upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. i agreed the predicted oil price was lower in the white paper (plan A) than the uk gov was predicting.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. The bit I feel highlights just how much some remainers have lost their shit since 2016 and really do need to see a councillor

Italy...fuck you eu, a plague on all your houses and we will bring the eu down, oh and fuck France too
    Greece..now quantitive easing has finished, we are in the shit again and it's only a matter of time before we leave
    Poland.... fuck you eu, we are going to have our own supreme court where decision ends
    Hungary...stick shengen up your arse, we have armed military, barbed wire fences and closed gates
    France...Macron admits if they asked the French, they would leave the eu too...and fuck you Italy too
    Swedish...we are extending our newly applied border checks
    Germany..shh the rise in the very far right now in regional and national government is nothing to do with us

and yet, we as the U.k. who used the eu's own leave mechanism, article 50, after having a democratic vote which a majority gave a direction to leave have said all along, whilst leaving the eu project, we want to remain strong friends to europeans and the countries of europe, are seen as the bad guys.

#24896 noobie, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. 10% would be the tariff on motosicles. Plus the additional percentage required as the pound loses its value.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. We could waive the tariff on M/Cs but we would then have waive it on all m/c imports including China and the US, so Ducatis, BMWs etc would be the same price but Harleys would be cheaper.

18. Harley has been talking about relocating, away from the USA.

Not sure where they said they are heading - assuming Trump doesn't order an airstrike on them first.

19. Don't they already manufacture some of their range outside the US?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information