1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. probably not, tho i believe Guy V was elected with some 500,000votes.
    even less turn out for local elections, who coincidentally have more influence on yer day to day life than any other. Britannia. totally arse over elbow.

2. Sorry can’t resist.

So if we leave the EU our holidays in the canaries are at risk ?

That’s the disastrous consequences?

:)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I’m not sure what you mean then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You don't think all flights between uk and EU being cancelled until further notice from 11.00 pm on 29th March is a disastrous consequence??

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. This would be a great post but for a couple of issues.

The EU doesn't want a "deal" in the accepted sense of the word. They want member states to remain in the EU, or to be punished as much as possible, if they leave. Compare this to what you and I would consider to be a "deal".

The Canaries issue has been addressed elsewhere : o )

Neither is finderman.

His political "expertise" is limited to firing off gnomic "wisdom", or put another way ... is limited (full stop).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yet another question I pose that all the remoaners skip over as they cannot answer it without looking stooped - it hasn't gone unnoticed :eyes:
    Well done yet again!!! :yum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Which sounds impressive to you realise the reason for that is how much of that missing number are under 18's. Although to be fair, allowing 2 year olds to vote might see a lower snp mp figure as even 2 year olds can see your manipulations of numbers

8. erm I maybe wrong, but don't feel I am , but the european court of human rights is nothing to do with the eu. We will still belong to that whether we stay or leave. I think you are confusing that with the european courts of justice which is an eu organisation

Happy to be corrected if wrong

9. My view is less negative.
    It isn't so much that they want to punish us for leaving as that they don't want us to be rewarded for leaving.
    They always said they wouldn't allow us to cherrypick and I think that's fair enough.
    They don't want us to leave and they don't want others to leave either. Of course they're not going to give us a fantastic deal - why would they?? It would be stupid., rather like divorcing your wife but still expecting to sleep with her. I don't think so.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. there are under 18s elected the EU to represent us?.
    only about 2-3% of EU policy has gone against the UK govs position.

11. Actually, thinking about it, is it a disastrous consequence ?
    I mean, is it life threatening?

12. Try booking a flight for the 29th of March at 11:15pm, let me know how you get on :D

13. i aint confusing anything. tho you, deliberately are. v,noobesque.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. Of course. Not all freight is carried on trucks and ships, a good deal is carried by air freight, including medicines and food. Other freight would be affected as well of course, flights was just an example.
    If planes are grounded, how long before airlines start to go bust and if airlines go bust, what about the airports? The potential consequences go on and on and that's just air travel.

15. Er, no thanks :/

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Then let me help you O obe zero

The european courts of Justice applies to the 28 members.
    The european courts of Human rights applies to the 47 countries of the council of europe which even includes Russia

Unlike the EU, the Council of Europe cannot make binding laws, but it does have the power to enforce select international agreements reached by European states on various topics.

Yellow is eu countries, stripes are non eu countries but all are in the council of europe
    http://en.strasbourg-europe.eu/member-states,44987,en.html

17. How many case have been brought using that act? And who exactly benefits. ..?.. You'll be very surprised at the results. Even a communist like Finderman wont like what he finds.
    a communist like me? here is the closest thing to a communist in scotland

then of course, we have been debating the EU a tad longer and over a considerably longer campaighn than than he brexit campaign itself. and possibly why we have a higher support for the EU than the rest.
    from 38mins. old timers? yes. back then and v,influential in their day? yes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information