1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yay! Positive at last!!!!!! :blush:

2. So lets have an answer then - it's the 30th March.
    We offer a free trade agreement initially via the WTO transitionary allowance.
    We have a massive (and I mean massive) trade deficit with the EU.
    Apart from wishing to punish us and damage EU business too, what other reason do you think the EU have for not wishing to move forward with this?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. So a government , any government, borrows more money than you can shake stick at and then what happend

A) carry on borrowing more money
    Or
    B) try and pay it back

If you try and pay it back how do you do it without some belt tightening ( or austerity) or taxing the bejesus out of the taxpayers

TB

#25143 Topbox, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. I said no because you deliberately said that the EU would be stopping planes flying, which isn't the case. It would be the lack of permissions etc that would simply make flights impossible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. We have a big trade deficit because we don't make anything any more - Thatcher saw to that.

She wanted a service economy and that's what we have.
    Can't blame the EU for that - that's our own fault.

• Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. What? Apart from punishing us?

A lesson for the rest of the EU chattels. That's what!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Answer the Question :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Isn’t the point that the EU and UK don’t want air travel to stop, so will make sure it doesn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Hopefully.
    That's all part of May's deal though and who knows what's going to happen with that??

10. I thought it said flights would continue in the event of a no deal exit.

Did I read it wrong ?

11. The EU has managed a sleight-of-hand, orchestrated, 45-year campaign to seduce countries into giving up their national sovereignty and democracies under the guise of introducing a "trade association" ...

... and people believe that they won't be able to figure out how to ensure that air liners keep taking off and landing from 30 March onwards?

Whatchoo sniffin', boy?

12. Not all flights. Did you read it properly?
    That's why it's called a bare-bones arrangement, it doesn't cover everything in the way that the arrangements in May's deal will.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. What’s the difference ?

14. It seems the EU does have it covered but only in a sticking plaster bare-bones 1 year fix
    Some flights will be affected.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I thought I had, perhaps not.
    The bare bones bit says current routes ok but no new routes ? That’s not grounding all the planes.

16. We need stimulus, not austerity.

17. I wasn’t arguing whether or not austerity was required, just trying to see the difference between EU (forced ?) austerity, like Greece and UK austerity

18. Ah, so we are agreed on the punishment aspect now, too.

Welcome aboard, OR!

19. Well ...

The UK "austerity" was imposed by a UK government voted in by the UK electorate.

The Greek austerity was imposed by a foreign government voted in by no fucker at all.

I am pleased and proud to have been able to assist you in this matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. No grounding of all planes but its more than just no new routes. Existing routes that involve planes flying on to another destination before returning will be adversely affected as will flights coming in from places like the States, using UK airports as a hub so passengers then fly on to other destinations

Do Not Sell My Personal Information