1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm not talking about a monthly bank charge, it's interest charges they want to make on money they hold in your account. It forces people to spend money and not save it.

2. Bank charges are routine in many parts of the world. In Australia for example, there have always been fees and monthly transaction charges levied on account holders. But compared to the UK they tend to be smaller, fairer and often aimed at stopping people getting into debt.
    Completely free everyday banking in the UK is the exception rather than the rule and its hardly surprising fees are being introduced. It is nothing new and has nothing whatever to do with Brexit. UK banks have been talking about the end of free banking for years and some began introducing charges long before Cameron even made the pledge to hold a referendum.
    The idea that every even vaguely undesirable development in society, in politics or the economy is somehow a result of Brexit (which hasn't actually happened yet) is pure hysteria.
    For an example of a genuine banking disaster linked with Europe, look at Greece, where the state has been reduced to raiding the private accounts of its citizens to pay for the bankruptcy caused by its membership of the EU and the Euro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why do you bother? I can see the sporting value, but he's obviously an absolute moron.

Watch this bloke from 06:42 I'm sure it's the duke.

#2503 Robarano, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. It's not directly Brexit related but an accumulation of a capitalist world living outside its means to allow the rich to get richer still. Again it's not fixed charges they are talking about but an interest charge on the balance over the month.

5. And even the current Tory government admits the country will be worse off for the foreseeable future under Brexit and won't even be able to live within our means.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. How has money printing and excessive government spending and borrowing allowed the rich to get richer and in what possible way does membership of the EU, one of the most profligate institutions on Earth which has bankrupted several countries, produced the lowest growth and highest unemployment in peace time Europe, is totally in thrall to corporate business, and whose accounts are in such disarray they have never been signed off, provide a remedy?

7. Oooh oooh oooh I know the answer to this one!

Is it, "We are all in it together"?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. It doesn't but neither does leaving it. Any remedy for the western worlds problems will have to be an agreement between all the Nations as we are in the same mess. No one will sort their own problems by themselves as they are too deeply entwined.

9. The U.K. has printed money, is deeply in debt and totally controlled by big business too. If the UK government had to produce accounts they would never be signed off as we are insolvent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Its still going then....:Banghead:

11. You're still popping in, then ...

Good of you :upyeah:

12. Always worth peek in case I learn something. Funny, that I wont is one thing I never learn.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Is that where you met her ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Not entirely sure that is something to joke about TBH.

15. hmmm, my sense of humour is fairly out there, but I might draw the line (a little before) that

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. :Wideyed:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information