1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No one I agree.

The whole conversation is indicative of the brexit discussions I think.
    It goes from you won’t be able to do this, to who knows. The trouble is, for me, too many people read ‘you won’t be able to....’ and start shouting about how we must stay in the EU.
    And from the other side its how great things will be to they might be a bit better.

My personal opinion is that things won’t be that bad and it’s worth the apparent risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oh, who's mistake :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Apparent risk . Sort of sums the whole thing up.
    Wing. Prayer. On. A.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John Maynard Keynes

5. whose

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don’t think it is on a wing and prayer.

Look past the headlines and it’s not so bad

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. who is mistake was it? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. many

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Feck me, I only had to look at one post to find that :sob: thought I was going to be looking for ages o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. except the debt has tripled and the deficit is still there. mean while 120k people have died needlessly. homelessness and crime in england and wales has rocketed. the poorest have got poorer and wealth of the top has doubled. austerity put a cap on Gov agency wages, put millions on the dole, then those gov jobs where privatized and the profits went off shore to avoid tax.
    it isnt working.

yip, being a londoner and southeast dweller you live in the heaviest subsidized area in the uk in terms of infrastructure, inflated wages and housing spend. centralization of the civil service and uk procurement is bleeding rUK of 10s of billions of pounds in tax multipliers every year. depending on whose figures you believe, 5-10bill a year of Scottish tax payers money alone.
    repeating that pish AirCon on a forum for All to see will only reinforce the opinions people are forming around you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I may have been talking about May in May

12. It's interesting though that it was the EU who proposed the bare-bones temporary arrangement - so much more organised than the brits

13. Your funny, was that a lost script from the goon show?^^

14. Don't worry, we have help on the way.
    FB_IMG_1550332128245.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. So it looks like you both want to borrow some more and in Old Riders case lower taxes as well.

Finm it looks like your advocating re nationalising some industries which I don't think is on the SNPs agenda. Although, I agree that talking profits (corporate and personal) overseas is morally bankrupt.

TB

16. That’s true.

Do you think the problem with the UK is that the politicians would rather remain, and have therefore spent 3 years trying to find a way of doing so.
    Perhaps if they’d started, 3 years ago, to plan for a no deal brexit ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That would be May and not may :yum

18. some things haven't been nationalized up here. water, most healthcare services ect. i believe DHSS assessments wont be either. its proven to be more efficient to universalize services than assessing people individually. its also fairer, as the higher earners are contributing more and should benefit from the superior services we have up here too.

19. bbc3.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. but they are 100% accurate when it comes to expressing the opinions and wealth of us up here....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information