1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You can take aircon out twice, amazing :bucktooth:

2. It's bollocks, that's what it is :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. You need to watch the video and listen to what the haulage guy says about the paperwork involved and the time taken to cross a third country border

4. Now I'm confused, are you saying we are not moving further away - I listened to the Calais Ports CEO, he said there will be no hold ups, he's a nice guy :blush:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Only the deluded think Brexit isn’t going to happen.

Those that voted Remain, most are furious at the incompetence of the government at delivering it.

Those that voted leave should be furious because either

1) Brexit is delayed to avoid the impending chaos

Or

2) YOUR objective has delivered absolute chaos

At the moment, what I see from Leavers is a bunch of people with their eyes closed, fingers in the ears singing “la la lala la, it’s going to be fine “ and repeat

You should be furious! You should be doing something about it, because if option 2 arrives, guess what, remainers will be blaming you and saying “told you”

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I
    On the news this morning , the EU have stated that traffic at ports will be fast tracked to avoid any delays in the event of no deal.

7. It’s got nothing to do with Calais Exy-baby.

It’s goods coming into the U.K. needing to pass UK customs. Dover doesn’t have the infrastructure. Instead of 400 customs clerks they will need 8000. There is no lorry parking. No office space for these 7600 extra people.

If we just wave the wagons through then

1) that’s not controlling your borders
    2) we are not collecting the tax that those goods would accrue to the U.K. exchequer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Fast tracked where?

In comparison to what?

In which direction?

Honestly, guys, look for detail and don’t roll over on words that mean absolutely nothing

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Honest it's fast tracked between Dover and Birmingham.
    Where do you think!!

10. Do you think most employers will stop offering annual leave ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. I'm Fweeeoooorious :mad:

what about I do not know, it will probably be about a pretend Brexit and all the foolish remainers still gripping about 'I told you it would be shit' when in reality it's them that's fooked us over - yes, I could be Fweeeoooorious about that :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Guardian has said that all annual leave will be stockpiled on the Calais side

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. So will I still be able to have annual leave for my flight to the canaries after brexit ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Yes, I think we can allow that :thinkingface:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I have it on good authority that once we leave the eu, the frenchies will stop holding strikes in the air traffic control towers, ports and euro tunnels. They said they only used to do it because we were more successfull than them in the eu, but now we are out, we can be buddies again

• Like Like x 1
  16. I get 28 days plus statutory

Previously 25 days at the old firm

Prior to that 20 days

Friends who live in the USA, highly deregulated labour market.....6-10days.

Japan - 6-10 days

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That’s another good thing to be furious about

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hmmmm. :thinkingface: Quite a few ifs, buts and maybes in that lot. I fully expect it to go nowhere when the cancelled orders start coming in. :laughing: But the best thing is they say it's because "This is a precautionary step in the interests of allowing our customers to plan ahead." How benevolent. :D

"Porsche is warning UK customers they might have to pay 10% extra for cars delivered after Britain leaves the EU.
    The German firm wants buyers to sign a clause agreeing to a potential tariff, a move Porsche said is "precautionary".
    Porsche's owner Volkswagen declined to discuss if some of its other brands, including Audi, Lamborghini, Skoda, Bugatti, Seat, and Ducati might follow.
    A 10% surcharge would see the cost of an entry-level Porsche 911 rising from £93,110 to £102,421.
    The company's Macan sports utility and Boxster models start at about £46,000.
    Stuttgart-based Porsche said in an emailed statement to the BBC: "As one potential outcome of the Brexit negotiations, there is a possibility that a duty of up to 10% may be applied to cars imported into the UK by us after March 29.
    "In light of this, we have chosen to inform customers whose cars are likely to arrive after Brexit occurs to warn them that they may be affected by this tariff - allowing them to be fully informed at the point of sale and, if they wish, to adjust their order accordingly.
    "This is a precautionary step in the interests of allowing our customers to plan ahead."

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gotta be daft as a brush to buy a new porka with a contract on the price that says, we'll let you know later. The crazy Germans and contracts in their favour only, they keep tickling my ribs.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information