1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. In some departments...

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. And it wasn't me he's had a spat with..
    I like the mad Scottish bastard ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Me to too two 2 :heart_eyes:

4. Nice...

5. Ooooh i got this, love a multiple choice.

Was it.....erm.....C? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It’s long, but this makes for an interesting read. While most debate centres on how Brexit should or should not happen, the reasons for the shock vote still need to be fully investigated and responded to. Most of the writers here have a strong view on whether Brexit should happen, but they have been put aside, and instead they focus on reasons and responses from a Brexit-neutral position.

http://www.compassonline.org.uk/wp-...uses-and-Cures-of-Brexit_Compass-Oct-2018.pdf

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Correct. Classify under polite irony.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just as an aside, the producer of the document, The Open Society, IS funded by George Soros who said only last week that Europe was walking into oblivion with brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...european-union-brexit-far-right-a8775311.html

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/explainers/open-society-foundations-and-george-soros

It's not that it should not be read, it should, but knowing it's source even more so when they describe one of the largest majority democratic decisions as needing a "cure", is always helpful to understand why they say what they say

The other two co contributors, Compass who are a labour party pressure group and friedrich ebert stiftung is a German political foundation associated with the Social Democratic Party of Germany,

#25508 noobie, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Largest majority democratic decisions????????
    It wasn’t even 48/52.......

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. Why does it need to be investigated and responded to ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. So that the underlying causes can be said to have changed and the outcome “legitimately” disregarded as now being inappropriate?

12. Oh I see.
    Another attempt at remain. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Good plan

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Stop being silly, I wrote one of the largest and it was in respect to turnout, you know this. Try your reading glasses.

As to the amount, again I'll ask you as a remainer. Had you won 52/48 would you have put up with nearly 3 years of brexiteers demanding no one said what level of remain was mentioned so we should argue the toss for 3 years.

Would you had also refused to accept your win as the amount was not as high as you would have liked it?

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. i think if the arguments for remain where found to as wanting as vote leave have been found to be, i think most rational people would at the v,least have some sympathy for leaves position.

• Like Like x 2
  17. A full breakdown of the implications of the Lisbon Treaty changes to EU governance would be a good start: how many are aware that ‘Remain’ didn’t mean things stay as they are now?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I feel there was after the intial excitment after the vote fin. There was a genuine desire to bring remain along but as you know with indi 1 and now possibly 2, on the matter of independence people have quite set views.

On the whole most remainers may not like the decision but most understand it and so we needed to just get on with it but still the indecision of the government kept trying to please all the people all of the time and that is where I feel the pm has been lacking

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. I think Remain means we follow on down the road of ever increasing union and EU control.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Why would you care about the opinion of someone you have publicly agreed is an "idiot"?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information