1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I don't think I have called or agreed you are an idiot?

I do read everyones posts, even those I chose not to reply too because sometimes there is an element of common sense there, sometimes :D

2. Just out of interest,

My take on Honda's decision to close the UK plant is largely down to the EU - Japan trade agreement. EDIT - and the EU emission laws.

Do you think if we had voted remain the EU would not have had the same deal, to protect the manufacturing in the UK ?

#25522 Alan williams, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Please explain

4. So should I assume that you too are calling me an "idiot" because I believe that JRM would like to see deregulation in this country - a pure free market with no restrictions,
    an Adam Smith style Laissez-faire economy??

5. Keep up the good work, someone has to pay the tax to pay for my state pension increase in April. :upyeah:

6. Can we change the title to 'the Causes and Cures of the Remainers' :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. What?

Has the EU ever overseen British manufacturing being moved out of the UK? Seems unlikely to me!

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. If someone, "Hewey", is making an argument, the purpose of which is to prove that someone else, "Dewey", is an idiot, what label should we use for Dewey instead of "idiot", in order to avoid losing the argument because we have "run out of arguments", simply by calling Dewey an idiot?

Asking for a friend ("Lewey").

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Don't be an idiot, Steve : o )

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. are you guys on the drugs again? .:p
    listen, keep going with the cliquey group insults and i will continue to point it out.
    children, you need to calm down.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. 'Donald'

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. OK! That would work.

Tusk also works. Well done, Alan!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Hmmm, so you now claim to be being called an "idiot" because you believe Jacob Rees-Mogg would like to see a deregulated free market economy with no restrictions? :rolleyes: I would disagree that he would like to see no restrictions, which sane person would, but that wouldn't justify being called an "idiot".

No, what you actually said was JRM, or "Grease Smug" :rolleyes: wanted to .........well I'll show you below.
    Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 11.32.28.png

So what you actually claimed was, that he wanted to tear up legislation on the environment, worker's rights and was looking forward to a time when we return to some kind of Dickensian poverty. :thinkingface:

Which part of that claim do you not think is idiotic?

#25538 Robarano, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  15. v.naughty you peeper :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. All along, despite protestations from some remainers, it's been recognised the eu project is a political mafia. You pay your protection money, you get to sell your stuff to other members but are also able to price fix because countries outside of the eu who want to sell in, are hit with substantive levies in tariffs.

Once we decided to brexit and stop paying the protection fee, the eu stepped in with an agreement quick smart (7 years my arse), that enabled cars particularly to be swapped directly between japan and the eu with zero tariff.

This ability has helped Honda as demand for their models from Swindon has dropped from 250,000 10 years ago down to about 150,000 as of today. That same drop has been reflected in their japanese plants and so they want to put japan first (mmm someone putting their country first, it might catch on, might even make a country great again :D)

You cannot get a finer example of the eu being a protectionist inclusive and inward looking organisation than what has happened with Honda. I doubt some remainers will see it that way but that way it is and in your face.

The loss of production world wide has seen many automotive builders down scale or face bust, the only thing I question and am suspicious of, is the timing, 5 weeks before the brexit leaving conclusion. I don't think that is a coincidence

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information