1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mushrooms?hmm.
    Substance or medication induced OCD occurs as a direct result of using drugs, such as prescribed medications, illicit substances, alcohol, or exposure to certain toxins. ... Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) refers to a mental illness that causes an individual to have persistent, intrusive thoughts, or obsessions.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Naughty McNoughty face :eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. i dont do hallucinogentics. it aint a good look.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. BTW, you killed this thread off with your new poll remember :thinkingface:
    The first Brexit thread was the biggest, that was killed off by a jell geezer starting another one - then it steamrollered from there :scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Whilst it will not be appreciated in Swindon and understandably so, there is an upside here.

The "just in time" system relies on tens of thousand of motorised journeys per day. in the U.K this thousands upon thousands of truck journeys on the road. Environmently this is the equivalent of a credit card, I need it now and I mean now and don't look at the long term cost.

Removing tens of thousands of lorry journeys from the road daily will massively aid congestion reduction, promote a healthier climate and reduce emissions substantially. Just in time has always been about a lack of planning and that is why so many have fallen for that inability to plan in an industry that needs to plan but plan properly

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 4
  7. Thanks ever so much for the technical endorsement :upyeah:I was also going to modify the petrol tank cap into a cigarette lighter - best use zippo parts as that's 'Mercan and won't be affected by Brexit

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. I'm Scottish and have all my own hair.....

9. You can spot the extreme remainers, they all went to the school of duke and gloom, pessimism is a word for scrabble only and are only able to see as far as the end of their nose

Don't worry chaps, we will get you and your grandchildren the long term benefits:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. People are unlikely to give up personal transport anytime soon.

The Government have now decided they don’t want us to drive diesel cars despite being better for the planet (Smaller Carbon footprint) as they are worse for people.

What isn’t so evident is what we are supposed to buy instead, so I’m presently sticking with my six year old German diesel as it should be good for at least another four years, burning about two hundred gallons of diesel per year.

Once we are out of Europe we should be able to decide what we want, then promote it, build it here and export the surplus.

“Just in time” for the car industry is unlikely to disappear though.

11. Nope, I have never given it a moment’s thought, let alone comment or debate. Plus, there is no way I would ever confess to being anywhere near middle aged. Don’t ask anyone else!

12. What utter bollocks!

Who writes this stuff?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I can’t believe I missed that, the price to pay for not reading Brexit threads. What a honey and as long as girls like this exist, will be the reason I probably should never get married again!

14. Explain other than that? gonna take a guess you're a remainer though :D

15. JIT is the exact opposite of your comment. It's planned to the nth degree.......and is based on what is required rather than what might be....so is better for the environment as it helps eliminate "waste".

I am genuinely shocked that you seem to have it the other way around

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. This misses the point a little. Our trade deficit with the EU is largely made from the import of 'stuff'. German cars, French Wine, Italian motorbikes ... all of which the EU can continue to sell us quite happily under WTO terms or a simple FTA.

The UK's skill in international trade is high value goods (think, Range Rover, Burberry or F1), and services.

Currently we have a significant balance of trade surplus with the EU in services much of which we are likely to lose when we leave the EU. Which is why many of the banks and other service sectors are moving staff out of the UK into Frankfurt and Dublin.

This is not an opinion, I have been in exports for over 30 years and have spent the last five working for a UK/Finnish company.

Leaving the EU is possible, but leaving the single market and customs union which effectively removes us from the only free market for services, when people like me have spent the last 30 years building up such businesses will create great harm, but it is important to understand that this situation has been brought about by Mays red lines, not the vote to leave per see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That thought did occur to me.
    As things stand, all car imports to the uk will be subject to a 10% tariff, including Japanese cars which will now be subject to no tariff to the eu but we are leaving the eu, so not only will Japanese cars be 10% dearer than if we were to remain in the eu but all our car exports to the (but not Switzerland) will be subject to a 10% tariff too.

Great. So much for free trade...

18. You shouldn't be shocked, jit is planned to suit the business, not the people, nor the environment. If you had a plant as Japan now seems to be doing, one plant does all, then you drastically reduce your carbon footprint as you create on site instead of tens of thousands of lorries on the roads everyday.

It's a bit like, we used to use paper carrier bags and glass bottles, went over to plastic bottles and carrier bags because it was easier for business and now we are realising the damage plastic bags and bottles do so are returning to paper bags and glass bottles.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information