1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Enough with the Thatcher pics.
    People could be eating.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. My views are probably in the minority here amongst us old white men, quite possibly amongst the general population (but its too close to really know imo) but in the House of Commons, there is a huge majority for some kind of deal / close relationship with the EU.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can’t help thinking the House of Commons want to remain or have a close relationship with the EU as it will be easier for them, they don’t come across as showing it would be better for the UK in general - just them and big businesses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The majority of MPs are looking at it from the perspective of a Insurance company or a Bank. Brexit might work really well, but if it doesn't it will be worse than now. Maybe much worse. So they are risk averse. A bird in hand is better than twins in your dreams - unless you never have a bird in your hands in which case dreams are all you think about...

5. Shouldn’t the MP’s be looking at it from the perspective of what’s best for the whole of the UK though, not just the insurance companies and banks.
    The referendum showed that there are a great number of people in the UK that think the risk is worth taking (nothing or little to lose ?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ah, so they are looking after us and the vote went the wrong way - yes, that's exactly what they are doing. I haven't seen much honesty, integrity or intelligence amongst many of them tbh :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alan I'm sorry I didn't mean literally doing what is best for the Insurance Companies & Banks, I meant MPs are asessing the risks over the benifits in the way that a Bank would assess you for a loan or an insurance company for cover and believe the risks are too high?
    Perhaps (maybe wrongly) the MPs are taking into consideration the polls which indicate the majority of people don't support Brexit anymore? Maybe the MPs are barstardos and just want to rile up AirCon & Exige - and a few others!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Everything rides on the results of this survey.
    Ducatistis rule the world.
    /[sarc]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Oh I see, I misunderstood what you meant then. :D
    Though I do think most of the arguments for remain / close ties are to the benefit of big business (banks etc ?).
    I wonder what they would say / do if there was another referendum and the result was leave with no deal.

They have certainly done a good job of riling people, nobody seems to agree with what any of the MPs are saying and doing. Have they totally lost touch. :thinkingface:

10. Unless you are a die hard "remoaning /remainer" in which case you could be fairly happy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bottom line:
    Those UN-elected bureaucrats in Brussels must be fired.
    Furthermore, the Bank for International Settlement in Basel Switzerland and their regional central banking cartel must be dismantled and prevented from printing and diluting currencies.

They are the true enemy of the people. Make them pay for the damage they've done over decades. We're all debt slaves because of them and at the mercy of the inflation they've created. A global credit restructuring must be done. We're looking at another French Revolution here folks.
    Not to be decided on this forum however.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Herd on the radio this morning that 2 Labour MP's have put forward a motion that Labour promise to vote with the Government (if they promise a new 'People's Vote') on whatever the crappy deal is or to remain. So no leave on the ballot! Twats :eyes:

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Or maybe not!

The latest this morning (BBC Website) is the EU are saying that if an extension is granted it will be for 2 months, to get the negotiations complete and will still mean our MEPs are out of the way before the start of the new EU parliament. The new leaving date would then be May 23rd. The EU do not want a short new extension renewed every week as it makes forward planning difficult.

If Cooper Letwin amendment is approved, and parliament take control of the process I think this will finally make May move house. Fingers crossed. Moving the Brexit date could become known as the End of May! LOL

#25914 Jez900ie, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  14. Wow things are moving fast in Brexit news today, Departure date now being suggested to be 2021!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...reveal?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

"There is also bewilderment that the recent flurry of meetings in Brussels involving May’s Brexit secretary, Stephen Barclay, and the attorney general, Geoffrey Cox, are being characterised in London as “negotiations” when the reality is the EU is still waiting for the prime minister to show them the alternative arrangements for the Irish backstop for which she claims to have a majority in support."

What a cluster fcuk

15. is the reprting of news always 24-48 hours behind down your lots way? yous need to change yer sources.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. In today’s Times:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, you read it right. He really said it out loud.

The article also contains some chilling forecasts about the impact of a no-deal Brexit, including unemployment in Scotland more than DOUBLING (it’s currently 96,000):
    [​IMG]
    But apparently the Secretary of State for Scotland is perfectly happy with refusing to try to avert such a scenario just in case it might let the SNP score a political point. It genuinely appears not to have even occurred to him that a good way to combat the SNP might be to be seen to be standing up for Scotland in the face of a Westminster-created catastrophe, rather than just whining petulantly about them.

But just look at us, expecting some semblance of intelligence or integrity from David Mundell, or any Scottish Tory.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. You don't sound sure!

18. Once again AirCon is posting made up Brexit bullshit :rolleyes:

Josuf Tusk couldn't have been more opposed to the Nazis if he'd tried: he was a Polish activist (remember: Germany invaded Poland!), he was sent to a concentration camp to work as forced labour, conscripted into Wehrmacht by force and then defected to the Polish army.

https://blog.veni.com/?p=4736

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Tusk

FFS man, do a little research before posting bullshit as the only person it makes look bad is yourself!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  19. I saw it as a joke :thinkingface: thought everyone would have :bucktooth: funny the Polish were the only ones not voting Tusk into his current EU council position, him being an ex Prime Minister of Poland - hated as much as Blair so they say :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information