1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Okay so probably not concrete facts, but a much better idea of what is likely to happen than anyone had at the time of the first referendum.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

May's strategy here, discounting insanity and hitherto undreamed of incompetence, can only be interpreted in one of two ways:

• She is painting herself and the UK into a corner that can only lead confusion, existential terror and to acceptance of the WA and ultimately, a return to the EU (as the WA will be worse than Remaining).
    • She is painting herself and the UK into a corner that can only lead to confusion, existential terror and to WTO Brexit - specifically, a WTO Brexit that kept everyone guessing up until the last moment in an effort to forestall a Parliamentary rebellion arising from outraged MPs who prefer death to WTO Brexit.
    Both of these scenarios explain the otherwise inexplicable performance we have witnessed these past two and a half years. I cannot think of another reason for the lunacy that has been the Article 50 two-year circus.

Wishful thinking suggests the latter option, a lifetime of cynicism towards politicians suggests the former.
    bollox, you give her too much credit. she is atempting three things. keeping the tory party togeather and herself out the jail re the "files" whielst keeping her cash cow part of the union.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe, and maybe more people have looked at where the EU is heading and will vote Yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I still want out, I feel stronger about it now than at the time of the referendum.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. I wasn’t sure at the time. Now though I want out.
    I wonder how many feel the same. People shouting for a second referendum might get a shock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Indeed: I for one voted Remain on the basis there hadn’t been a coherent argument to leave.

Since then there have been ample demonstrations by Junker, Tusk et al as to why we should leave, so Leave we should.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Mmm ... no. Still LOL.

I'm sorry but nothing whatsoever has been made clear as yet, other than the WTO boss likes the UK and so does the Mayor of Calais. Everything else is still based upon supposition, best-guess and, mostly, pre-existing bias.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not concrete facts :joy: you really are a joke o_O
    Have another look at this crap to refresh once more what was ringing in voters ears when they went to vote...

Without this and the 'official' leaflet through the door spelling out doom and gloom you would have lost by a far greater margin - so quit with the 'we were hard done by' and wind your neck in with 'your own circumstances are more important than the country and it's democratic vote'

You can rely on our turncoat politicians to do your dirty work without fretting about it on here, and lying yourself, don't stoop so low as them :blush::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. I’m going to have to disagree there, sorry.

We know for a fact now that 48%(ish) of the UK don’t like losing, and they’ll tell you so.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Is this the 6 nations thread :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Corbyn what a two faced creap, just announced that Labour will back a second referendum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Corbyn will be offering free (insert what you want for free here) soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Heard

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. No, it's a herd of cattle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Herd: sheep :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Flock :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. What, you herd sheep on the radio :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Anyway as you were
    We are leaving Brexit good or bad :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Really, I thought the next stage was being duped and riots o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hang on.

It changed to the six nations thread and then the word association thread.

What’s going on.

Who won ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information