1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You quoted and talked to yourself, Finm does that, bit odd brw :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I dip in and out of this thread periodically, and just like Brexit itself, things don't really advance, so in order to lighten the vein of it slightly I thought I'd point everyone in the direction of the original Brexit :p

Apologies if it's been posted here before but I'm arsed if I'm going to trawl through all the posts/pages I skipped over to find out :sleeping:

• Like Like x 2
  3. UK'S TRIDENT SYSTEM NOT TRULY INDEPENDENT

33. Acquiring Trident gave the UK a greater nuclear weapons capability than it could ever have achieved on its own. This enhanced capacity, however, had significant consequences.

34. The fact that, in theory, the British Prime Minister could give the order to fire Trident missiles without getting prior approval from the White House has allowed the UK to maintain the façade of being a global military power. In practice, though, it is difficult to conceive of any situation in which a Prime Minister would fire Trident without prior US approval. The USA would see such an act as cutting across its self-declared prerogative as the world's policeman, and would almost certainly make the UK pay a high price for its presumption. The fact that the UK is completely technically dependent on the USA for the maintenance of the Trident system means that one way the USA could show its displeasure would be to cut off the technical support needed for the UK to continue to send Trident to sea.
    https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmdfence/986/986we13.htm

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Fin you do realise the government link I put up is current and yours was an opinion in parliament from 13 years ago?

5. ‘Speculation’

6. Who, me ?
    :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wasn't that the Baddie Organisation James Bond was always trying to bring down?

Don't tell me they control Trident now :scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The mere fact that people are now arguing about how independent Britain’s nukes are tells you all you need to know here.

It’s irrelevant because we wouldn’t use them to burn millions of people to death or vaporise them. We wouldn’t use them full stop. They are a deterrent (possibly). They aren’t meant to used.

But what they are really about is Britain’s idea of its importance in the world and by extension, to individuals’ ideas of their own importance and self-worth.

And that’s what Brexit is about - fucking unelected bureaucrats like Tusk and Junker disrespecting us. Come here and say that. Oh yeah, you and whose army? Brexit! OUT NOW! Think we need a deal? Oh yeah? You know what you can do with your poxy deal: shove it up yer jacksie!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. Glid you should leave this thread alone, it's messing with your head.
    Take a break.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. yeah, round em all up, put em in a field and bomb the bastards!.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Is it catching.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. brexitosis?

• Funny Funny x 2

13. Actually it was a Jean claude Drunkard in charge of a red button

Nah mate, he's had cough medicine, Somthing martin, remyI think it's called

14. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't bring it up first :thinkingface:
    I see AC has nuked this post of yours, but his Nuke doesn't show until you click 'list' - very strange - I am just going to Nuke you as an experiment to see if mine shows, no bad feelings. ps, can everyone try and see what happens :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ah, for some reason that flushed AC's Nuke out o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. I see 2 nukes, and junkers not even there :D

17. I see Fatboy Nigel Lawson is having to sell up and return to the UK after having French residency refused.

Sometimes you reap what you sow. Serves the prick right.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ah, hello, the person that makes Glids views look like total and utter bollox :bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information