1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. They refused him residency for being fat ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. At first I thought, fuck, if they are refusing him, then we have no chance of getting rid of duke in his retirement to France

Turns out it was more tax related https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...-to-quit-france-to-return-to-the-uk-1-5920438

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Ex-Fatboy Lawson. He is now cadaverously Thinboy Lawson after going on his severe diet. He doesn't look any better, but there is less of him.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Let me point you to the 62% of people who answered the poll who don't want any deal with the EU but who just want to leave at the end of the month, come what may. What I wrote (with a certain amount of humour, it is true) is essentially what people really think - at least the people on this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 170 robots? I knew there was something wrong with you guys:

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 20.01.01.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. To be fair, had the poll happened early in the brexit decision I doubt it would have been that high. Most brexiteers wanted a deal with the eu but understood when both sides sat at the negotiating table, only one side (the U.K.) wanted to negotiate.

As time has gone on it's clear the eu commission want to (a) warn others off of leaving the eu and (b) would rather take a hit throughout europe than risk the project, so negotiation with someone who just wants to play snap is pointless. It's from that point the realists within leavers have said, okay, understand their point, now lets get to being honest that wto/free trade is the best way to leave the eu and lets tell business now so at least they can plan.

This was obvious when chequers happened last July and May didn't and still refuses to see what is blindingly obvious to most others

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. A pity there is so little of this. Very funny!

8. Crikey it's been busy on here today , Did I miss a vote in parliament or something?

I thought today was all about knife crime, islamophobia and anti semitism?

Ffs I really should get all this in the diary o_O

#26629 damodici, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You cannot be that daft - yes the EU are pushing us to no deal due to the bullies in Brussels - it's quite simple, don't be bullied, walk away but offer free trade. Let industry dictate - we have a massive unbalance in trade with the EU where a free trade deal can only benefit the EU even more so than the UK.
    Can't understand people who need to be governed more and more by the EU, it's a trading agreement gone wrong. And I can't understand people who are shit scared of the fear remainers peddle, including you with your veiled humorous insults and twaddle.
    The future would be bright :sun: but some want it to be shit :poop: to say I told you so, and will do everything they can to make that happen, instead of getting behind their country and succeeding. Once again I remind you that your weak comrades in anti Brexit tripe on here are only pissed off due to their personal plans of retiring to impoverished parts of the EU in the sun :sun: and selfishly see Brexit as a threat to their fat lazy future. Without them the 62% would be much much greater :blush:
    Just a pity the 'establishment' is working against the vote too :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. You have a very strange view tbf - quite disgusting, unless that was another of your 'jokes' :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I think that solves the riddle, Nuttal hasn't been the ukip leader for nearly 2 years, glid is stuck in a time loop and nearly two years behind, them crazy swiss clock makers

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. oh do shut up exige and put that bottom lip away. yer coming across as a prize twat.
    with yer business name all over every post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You Plonker :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yes, all your Remoaner friends - hypocrites, and the truth hurts :worried:

17. Cock on, saw it a while ago and it still rings true :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. An interesting economic report from Germany, summarised by Guido:

Germany’s prestigious IFO Institut has crunched the numbers on the economic impact of no deal on 44 countries and predicted that Ireland would be hit three times harder than the UK by a no-deal Brexit, taking a massive 8.16% hit to their economy. Guido hears that Ireland has been the main EU27 country holding out against any reference to the UK’s basic Vienna Convention treaty rights over the backstop. They may want to seriously reconsider their position after seeing these figures…
    However, the Institut also modelled the effect of a “hard but smart” Brexit, where the UK left with no deal but also put in place large unilateral tariff cuts, more or less exactly along the lines of what what the Government is planning. In this scenario, the UK actually faces a smaller impact than the EU – they forecast a -0.5% impact on the UK compared to -0.4% for France and -0.48% for Germany, and -0.6% for the EU as a whole. Ireland is still by far the biggest loser, taking a -5.39% hit, ten times the size of the UK…
    In their sector-by-sector breakdown, they find that the UK would actually receive a major boost to certain sectors in a “hard but smart” Brexit, with electrical equipment up by 3.7%, machine manufacturing by 8.4% and pharmaceuticals by a whole 8.7%. EU sectors lose out across the board…
    Gabriel Felbermayr, the author of the report and also President of the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, said that the EU needed to “urgently ponder whether the danger of a hard Brexit isn’t bigger than initially assumed” and called on the EU to offer to remove the backstop “as a quick fix at least”. Brussels and Dublin can only keep sticking their fingers in their ears for so long…

Meanwhile there is no sign of any movement from the EU. I wish there was support for a no deal Brexit in Parliament as I am sure it would have brought about a sensible pragmatic concession from the EU to everyone's benefit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. No but refused for being a cnut.

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information