1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The most compelling evidence of the media’s dereliction of duty regarding Brexit is the widespread ignorance of the fact that the ‘backstop’ is the British proposal, agreed after *we* rejected the EU’s. That pesky EU is trying to implement *our* decision. It’s completely bonkers.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. But as I say, let’s not be too hard on ourselves. The French haven’t bred any either, nor built anywhere to house them.

3. I think TM is playing with fire here and should be very careful of stirring up some real problems. If Brexit is killed by the MP's it could get ugly with the strength of feeling in the UK.

Britain may never leave the European Union if MPs next week vote down the deal agreed with Brussels, Theresa May has warned.

"Back it and the UK will leave the EU, reject it and no one knows what will happen," the Prime Minister said in a speech in Grimsby.

She added: "We may never leave at all. The only certainty would be ongoing uncertainty. Months more spent arguing about Brexit when we could be focusing on improving our NHS, our schools and our communities."

The sooner she and a lot of her poor cabinet are moved on, the better.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Rumours are she will not even bother with the vote and then she will postpone Brexit for three months.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. So why is it so difficult for them to make changes if it's not what they wanted to start with.

6. maybe they would. if somthing was presented worth presenting to the other 27.

7. I think you are being economical with the truth Finm. Try reading this Guardian article. The EU laid the trap and not agreeing to a deadline date is the issue that makes it impossible to get voted through.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/07/brexit-what-is-the-uks-backstop-proposal

8. They won't move, so it suits them, they have no alternative.

9. sorry bud, i rarely read non achived msm links.

10. move to where? somwhere that doesent suit the other 27

11. The other part that keeps getting ignored, both negotiators knew even if they agreed, they both still needed approval for it to succeed. In the eu's case the 27 and in the U.K.'s case the house's, this is why it was continually shouted, nothing is agreed till everything is agreed. Some seem to have easily forgotten that.

He does really kirky. Fins the type that tells you he's put you on ignore, then takes it off as he's afraid of missing anything, sneaky :D

12. It shows....;)

13. yip, i know stuff

14. fin and duke talk you know...on doomchat mostly :D

15. Don't they just do as they're told.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. no.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Yes, from maastricht, the pendulum changed from a management company being told by the 28, to the 28 being told by the management company. Barnier, Junker, tusk and verhofstadt have made it very clear publicly that the eu 27 need to remain together for the project to survive. Given two thirds of the countries take out more than they put in, you can see the leverage the commission has over those countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. luckily the managment company is owned by the staff. staff dont want it, it aint happening

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information