1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No, they all hate their PM :) they do however like the English :blush: I'm sure you are included in that sentiment though :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Did you mean "imply" or did you mean "infer"? I saw no implication that the Labour party exclude women.

Also, the leader of the Labour Party is not chosen by Labour MPs but by Labour Party members. Or did you forget about the thousands of Tory supporters who joined the Labour Party specifically so that they could vote for Corbyn as party leader and thus keep Labour out of power for as long as he stayed n charge?

Heh. Good times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. is that a percentage of female MP's per party? if so its 33%

4. I'd trust exi over a lecturer in the London School of Economics, mostly because exi has slept with most of the czech wimmin so he knows stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AC stop being a Cvnt :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. aye, who says you cant buy love?
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Most I didn't charge, got it totally wrong with the wife though :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

8. "imply" in American English. imply verb [ T ] us /ɪmˈplɑɪ/ to suggest something without saying it directly"

The Membership payments were gratefully recieved, whoever paid them even if they were from Bluekip.

9. trump. billionaire stirring up the left
    billionaire brexiteers, stirring up the left
    billionaire chez president, stirring up the left
    who did the German aristocracy tend to lend their support to early last century?
    hmm.

10. chiz has a president :eek:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. nah, but he does set the odd precedent

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yes, I am pretty much up to speed on the meaning of the word "imply" and the meaning of "infer", too.

What threw me was the odd (to me) suggestion that noob was implying that the Labour Party excludes women whereas noob was clearly stating that there have been no female Labour Party leaders. I paraphrase of course. The two ideas are not equivalent.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. kezia dugdale
    johan lamont
    wendy alixander

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The Gift of Laughter is precious and we should all be giving each other gifts on a regular basis.

I for one am grateful to many of the forum members frequenting the political threads.

: o D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hess didn't fly to Scotland for no reason, it certainly wasn't for ya fine cuisine :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I can only imagine what comes next ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Heres an interesting article with a different view than what is often given here. The author Jonathan Lis is deputy director of the pro-European Union think tank British Influence. He writes and commentates on Brexit and politics.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/09/...-british-politics-opinion-intl-gbr/index.html

"Part of the problem is that May herself acts like a Tudor monarch, bearing the absolute authority to dictate the terms of Brexit as she pleases."

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I was just about to follow the link but the quote in your last line spared me a somewhat pointless trip. Many thanks! : o )

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information