1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. was it, maybe brexit aint such a great idea because Scottish food and drinks exports are worth over 6bill annually and a gazillion of rural jobs are dependent on it?

2. I’m not sure if I missed something in that article, I didn’t see it as giving good reasons to stay in the EU. To me it was more of the usual why we shouldn’t leave, doom and gloom.

3. its not necessarily what your gonna gain. but you should be considering what your gonna lose.

4. I appreciate that a lot of the remain argument is about what we might lose, but I am not convinced it will be as bad as they say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If the "doom and gloom" is the reality, would that not be reason enough?

6. meh, it could be worse. thats the spirit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Perhaps, If it were more realistic,doesn’t help that the media like to sensationalise it all.

8. Depends. What is the doom and gloom scenario of getting ever deeper down the EU rabbit hole?

9. You make me sound like the Black Knight. :)

10. dude, yer cool. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Remains new theme song ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No.

They are not allowed nice things. Not until they are nicer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Apart from most of those companies are British with a London HQ.........you haz a gizzillion peoples?

15. Less doom with gloom forcast to clear. Sunny patches. Potential for some light rain in Ireland.

16. Sounds like a totalitarian state to me. No thank you!

17. and? an export is still an export no?. i will also wager those are 2016-7 figures. the 2017-18, published in September 2018 i posted a while back. after another bout of unconnected noobstats. they demonstrated that The EU now accounted for more than half our exports. you will remember the links to the Stats provided by the Uk gov to our Gov two or three months ago? anything clouding yer judgment or memory?
    if the rUK is poorer, you buy less of our products. if barriers are put up at UK boarders our exports will suffer, as will yours coming this way if the rUK puts barriers in the way of any future trade due to events up here i might add.
    currently two iconic Scottish food and drink products, whisky and salmon, account for 50% of the UK's food and Drink exports with Gin made in small microbreweries up here accounting for a further 4% of UK food and drink exports.
    if mays plan is implemented, we are put at an economic disadvantage with N/I .

the village idiots have had trade surpluses every year for decades. last year around 3bill. those cultured cosmopolitans from the center of the universe have had yet another year of trade deficits, sitting around 130bill.

18. and that is supposed to be argument that supports the case for the Union? it sounds more like one you might use to argue for brexit.

19. bollox. it was from the GERS figures. you where not posting on this thread at that time, something changed yer mental state?
    you have just googled Scottish exports. and used the first figures you spotted that suited yer needs..
    i can do that too.
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=scottish+exports

20. But some 35% of Scots whisky was made by Diageo, a London and New York based company. A further 20% is made by Chivas Bros., a company owned by French Pernod Ricard.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information