1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. no, i haven't forgotten. tho you have never known or excepted what Britain is.
    Bless.

#27061 finm, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. odd init, i will naturally compare it for what passes for news and trial by media up here. if she was one of ours, she would deffo be expected and hounded until she resigned from her job.

3. Its too bad that is not the case here in England.

4. tbh, when it comes to comparing the competency of both Govs, its not really the case up here either

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I think todays latest demonstration of intransigence re enforces the belief that if the back stop were ever needed then they would never agree to an end. We need to leave now.

TB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Of course, no-one can tell what will happen this week but I think you are reading it wrong. Assuming the votes go ahead as planned (in itself not an absolutely certainty) ...

Vote 1 is on Mays deal. Most opinion is that Parliament will vote against as majority of Leavers and Remainers appear not to support it.

Vote 2 is on ruling out No Deal. Most opinion is that Parliament will vote for as only the smallest number of extreme Brexiters appear to support it.

Vote 3 is on asking for an Extension to Article 50. Most opinion is that Parliament will vote for as this will be the only option left given 1 and 2 above. If this happens the EU will vote on it at their summit on March 21st.

Will the 27 members of the EU all agree to grant the UK an extension? Most opinion is they will but only if the UK undertakes to use the time to do something different such as negotiate on a different deal, hold a General Election or a People’s vote. The inexorable logic seems to be heading in this direction to me.

Time will tell as they say, but I think (hope) that there will be no “no deal” and you and your small minority of extreme Nationalist Brexiters will be disappointed :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. extreme nationalists brexiteers? The vote was to leave the organisation of the eu, this obviously would involve leaving all of its controls, services and politique. Now 17.4 million voted to leave, the democratic majority, how is that extreme nationalists?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Only the most extreme Nationalist section of the ERG support “No Deal”. The overwhelming majority of Parliamentarians, even the majority of the ERG .... don’t.

• Like Like x 1
  10. And it seems the public don’t like “no deal” either

B8985B60-2376-4D1C-8EED-9617579369D9.jpeg

11. I just wish it was over already, regardless of the outcome, as the work that will need to be done can only really start when the facts of the issue are clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I am not surprised you have asked this question since there is little you seem to understand.

Gove
    Johnson
    Mogg
    Farage

All painted a different picture of Brexit.

Gove and Johnson were in the same Caninet and are now not, such as the disparity of their views.

These views are commonly described as

Soft Brexit- which is considered to be more accommodating of the EU institutions and

Hard Brexit - which is considered as taking the position of not needing any close cooperation or involvement with EU Institutions. This is founded upon the kind of British Nationalism which says “we are British, two world wars, The Commonwealth, Cheap shoes and food, we hate protectionism, bouncing bombs and Jaguar Land Rover”

The reality is, like the politicians that led Brexit, the public cannot agree on what Brexit looks like and all Parliament is doing is reflecting that.

Quelle Suprise

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. To be fair I think @noobie does understand, he just doesn’t want to face up to the facts as he doesn’t like them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Two parts if I may Dave, polls do not mean jack, only the vote does. Polls can show whatever you pay the poll company to show.

Secondly, the wto/free trade vote is the only choice that actually meets the vote request, the rest of the options are those drawn up by extreme remainers hoping to stay in the eu, that's just the way it is.

It would seem the brexiteers knew what they wanted and so voted for it, the only people saying different are those who want to stay in the eu.

To be fair I think @noobie does understand, he just doesn’t want to face up to the facts as he doesn’t like them.

:joy: t
    he brexiteers are not the ones refusing to accept the democratic majority vote and trying to overturn it for the last 3 years

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. tell us why it isnt

16. I feel many realists feel the same nat, business would prefer to stay but will adapt once they know what they need to adapt too

17. we were asked what we wanted, we gave them the answer using traditional established way of doing so through a democratic way, a peoples vote. It's only the remainers who continually because they lost, continue with "extreme brexiteers and nationalists" sillyness.

18. i'v been using that word hypocrite a lot recently. it cant be hard to work out why.

19. I think you've been remembering the 2014 indi one vote fin when your leader said that's it for a generation fin, don't worry , it will pass.

20. And if you look at the public vote at the top of this page, you will see how much out of touch the parliamentarians are.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information