1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I keep reading that as the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 is law, the UK withdraws from the EU at 2300 March 29 2019 and no amount of voting for an extension to Art 50 can alter that. The only thing that can alter when we leave is a repeal of the aforementioned Act, and there is insufficient time to put a repeal in place.

I don't know how true this is ... but I keep reading it nevertheless. It sounds nice but is it too good to be true?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. someone mention oppinion polls? no bad considering there is no campaign and the indi partys talikng a battering in the press
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. When you say poll-of-polls, do you actually mean an amalgam of inaccurate polls?

Is an amalgam of inaccurate polls, each of which is likely to be wrong in the same direction, somehow going to be accurate? Cos that's not how math* works!

* trigger warning - calm down, princesses and snowflakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wow! That clearly shows the Scottish are more in favour to a no deal Brexit than anything else! Yes it's skewed by the Pro Indi vote, but that is a surprising result and show the current feeling in the rest of the country could be massively for no deal - thanks for posting :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. s

6. Ssssh, four-year-old Elise.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 3

8. no it dosent. if you asked, do you suport a no deal or no brexit than maybe you would get the answer to that question.

9. Will he??

10. No :)

11. Yes, it bloody well does :eek:

12. and sombody said you have the right to vote. *sigh*.

13. No, I do remember that one. I was rather surprised that Noobie didn't seize on to the opportunity I had provided him with.
    Still, that was one single case - I was hoping there would be more to justify people's ire against the ECJ.

Also, hadn't Britain being supplying Hamza for years with housing and benefits? That wasn't anything to do with the EU, was it? Why did Britain let him in in the first place? I really can't remember.

14. You Evil Tyrant, but thanks for the share :kissing:

15. Why is each poll likely to be wrong in the same direction? Where does the likelihood stem from?
    Why do people create meta studies to smooth out inaccuracies?
    Do you really have any idea how math works?

Did you say "math" in order to avoid having to worry about whether to write "works" or "work" had you used "maths"? In other words, is maths, or mathematics a singular or collective noun?

Or is it just a way of cosying up to your spiritual leader, Mr. Trump?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Delaying Article 50:

There seems to be some obstacles in place that may mean a fairly short delay. Firstly the EU will not want to mess up the May MEP elections.

If the UK doesn't want to field its own candidates in the vote, then the current thinking in Brussels is that Brexit has to happen around 20 May.
    And if you are hoping for that infamous "EU blink" before then, I will leave you with the thoughts of a well-placed Brussels official:
    "Things would be different, if Theresa May had one, clear objective in these last-minute negotiations. A clear concession - that we could grant at a push - that would turn things around definitively in Westminster."
    "But we look at the UK and everyone seems to be fighting everyone - about the backstop or whether Brexit should happen at all; over Norway or no deal and whether Theresa May should stay or go. There are splits in the prime minister's cabinet; we even see UK civil servants disagreeing amongst themselves now."
    "These are UK domestic problems, yet the prime minister looks to us (the EU) to sort it out. We can't. We simply can't."

Also, "Leave Means Leave" have served legal notice that they will be taking legal action to ensure that the UK has to vote in new MEP's if the delay goes beyond May:

https://www.scribd.com/document/401600358/LML-Letter-to-Rt-Hon-David-Lidington#fullscreen&from_embed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ah, just worked out what you were thinking! That all 52% who voted for an independent Scotland wish to remain in the EU! Nice of you to decide that for them :thinkingface: But how about if I decided they meant they wanted Scotland to be independent, therefore not in the EU - this poll now says Scotland would vote 100% out of the EU :thinkingface: it's numbers dude, twist them as you wish :bucktooth:

18. OOO I wonder if that came from an independence blog called wings over summerzet?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/one-way-or-the-other/

19. AB98C0E4-0969-42DF-895E-3D671D4E2B56.jpeg

1.15 = 86% chance of May Deal losing
    7.4 = 13.5% chance of No Deal
    1.19 = 84% chance of Article 50 extension
    1.2 = 83% chance of Leaving by 29 March

Do Not Sell My Personal Information