1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. There is a sense that May could be given a fig leaf tonight.

The pound rallied after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that European Union President Jean-Claude Juncker had made a “very important” offer to the U.K. on Brexit.
    Sterling was on course to snap seven days of declines, its longest losing streak since August, following the sign of a concession from the European side ahead of a U.K. Parliament vote on the Brexit deal Tuesday. Facing defeat by lawmakers, Prime Minister Theresa May is said to be considering all options including an aspirational motion setting out a deal they would be prepared to support.
    [​IMG]
    “The pound is up sharply as it appears Juncker has made an important offer to the U.K.,” said Neil Jones, head of foreign-exchange sales at Mizuho Bank. “It could help May to get enough support, but she does not have time at the moment.”

2. I think Junker offered to stop drinking and this will reduce the U.K's aid to the eu to help out with his bar bill down from £39 billion to £8 billion

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. And in more news: the pound over the last 3 months of uncertainty:

IMG_5277.PNG

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Chance of a No Deal = 7.4 = 13.5% = 27:1 ... any of the Brexiters on here having a bet? @noobie @Loz @Exige You could get a good return on your stake if you are right.

Thought not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. No, he liked my post. :)

(I’m not 100% sure he followed the link though)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. 37% of the population voted to leave, not 52%

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave,how would you feel if the Referendum,(voted for by the vast majority of MP,who stood on a manifesto promise to uphold the result),had gone the other way,but MPs chose to ignore it and still took the country out?
    Would you be “thankful” that democracy had been ignored?
    The poll of polls from January that you pasted-why do you think that is more accurate than the individual polls taken by newspapers as recently as last week?

#27207 Lightning_650, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I can see how this illustrates how the EU view us.

With the number of loose ends in the UK they don't have to play their cards right to achieve what they want. In fact they it looks like we're playing their cards for them and they're still in front.

Lets see how this week goes. Deadline what deadline.

TB

9. tbh, you wouldnt be the first britnat to attemp to interpret it as everything other than wantng out the UK in the event of brexit, no deal or otherwise.
    52 and 53% at the time of asking want out the uk in the event of brexit

10. of course it did. but the polling was panelbase
    i know you would rather run with the DM over Panama. but, thats not gonna reflect well on public oppinion up here.

11. If polls and bookies are your remainer tools of trade, it might explain a lot

Let me help you with real figures that actually matter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

12. I think you have just confirmed Dave’s thesis that you are not being honest with yourself. No one campaigned for WTO. Davis, Farage, Mogg, Fox, Johnson all said a deal would be the quickest and easiest in history. They also said the EU will backdown in the backstop. Can’t see that happening.

29/3 BREXIT with no deals still my prediction. Has been for months

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's not that fin, it's more the panelbase poll is is based on 1002 people, I thought Scotland's population was 5.4 million have people left?

14. I think the phrase, the EU will back down at the last minute has been used so often now that on principle the EU will stick to there guns, no mater what's at stake, just to prove a point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. According to eminent legal experts,Sir Bill Cash ,(lawyer),Theresa May when asked by Bill Cash,the Clerk to the House of Commons and many others,it is true.
    So naturally,remoaners claim it is false.
    The only way an extension to Article 50 can be granted is if there is a chance of a genuine deal being negotiated.
    This will require the unanimous agreement of the 27,(Italy/Hungary could help us out by refusing but I doubt they will),and the awful WA would have to be passed.
    So stand by for Corbyn the life long EU hater to whip the liebour party into accepting her deal so we don’t leave the way Cameron said we would.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Looks like the Brexit rabbit is about to be pulled out of the hat in Strasbourg!

I wonder what kind it is....?

17. 74% wasn't it with the people not bothered either way> But Finm was talking about Scotland and Indi? It get's a little confusing :worried:

18. yip, thats how polls work.
    but if the one nation torys get their way there will only be 4.million pensioners left by the end of the next decade.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. for yer typical britnat? yes. i agree.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Why would we gamble on what Parliament want, they want the opposite of the country :)

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information