1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Did you listen to Cameron's speech on what was clearly voted for? Or will you just ignore it again :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Soooooo ... to summarise the Brexiter opinions on here ....

Everyone who voted “Leave” actually knowingly voted for “Leave with No Deal” and everyone in the country, in the media and in Parliament really knows that and is conspiring to deny the will of the people. Let’s assume for a moment that you aren’t deluded and all this is true. What do you think you and everyone else who voted Leave are going to do when “No Deal” is ruled out on Wednesday? Will everyone take to the streets? Will you @noobie @Loz @Exige ? I don’t think so. Why not?

#27282 Dave, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. You haven't got the monopoly on humour @Dave. He finds all my posts hilarious too.
    Maybe we should put on an evening of stand-up in a pub round his way?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Can you make this Wed evening @gliddofglood ?

He may need cheering up ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well, that's sorted that.
    No deal it is then.

Why didn't you explain this on page 1?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He probably did but I don't think remainers have taken their fingers out of their ears yet, I think they are still singing lalala

7. Ah, like the remoaners took to the streets you mean? Crying - no, we are made of sterner stuff the 3 of us you like to pick on, may I remind you this thread was started as a poll amongst like minded people - and you are of a small minority here :blush:
    Now tell us what you are personally going to loose like the other staunch remaoners on here that want to retire to a poor warm part of the EU with the NHS and pensions to back them up, why you so annoyed with it all.
    Either way it won't affect me, I have family in the EU but if we leave my business will benefit as an exported to the EU - what is your personal gripe, out with it :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I may stop feeling sorry for the UK now.
    You bolloxed it up. You are going to leave and you'll like it.

Sad for all those people who had their heads screwed on but more people than not wanted to pull up the drawbridge, so it looks as if that's what you'll do.

Rather like everyone enjoying the Trump presidency. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to prolong it, but in any event, he'll be gone in no more than 5 years, whereas post-Brexit Britain will be out in the cold for decades.

Get your woollies on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cameron? :eyes:

10. No one here was putting a draw bridge up, you are so misinformed and out of touch it's scary :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You'll see.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Draw Bridge? You made that up yes? :thinkingface: out of touch - find some more words to put in my mouth :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. No drawbridge involved, but I have got a team of brickies near the tunnel :D

14. Shhh, I wasn't going to mention that :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I'm not putting any words into your mouth. "You" doesn't refer to @Exige, it refers to the UK as a whole. If we are to believe @Lightning_650 , then the voters were warned. They were of course crassly lied to about almost everything, but it was possible to check information for those who took the vote seriously enough.

And soon they will be able to have all the fun of finding out what being a Billy No Mates island is like. Brexiteers don't think that they are turning their back on Europe, but if you're not in the club, then you'll find yourself out in the cold, not participating in scientific projects, not making wings for Airbus, not putting together Minis. etc. etc.
    The Brexiteers search for unicorns in post-Brexit Britain will be about as successful as searches looking for WMD in Iraq.
    They don't exist.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. Just want to check something for the doom and gloomers

The government agreed a vote could be had,
    The house agreed to the vote being had
    This was based on article 50 saying countries could leave
    the question on the ballot paper was debated and finalised by the electoral commission
    The date for the vote was agreed
    Both sides put their opinions forward
    all people knew from previous elections, some claims will be real, some will be that sides version of real and some are made of cheese from BOTH sides
    Before the vote, both the prime minister and the chancellor made it very clear what leaving meant including what we would be leaving
    They told us it was once in a generation vote(not a scottish generation =18 months) and would be carried out
    Vote day came, 72.2% of those entitled to vote, did so and 33 and a half million people voted knowing only one side could win, leave the eu won by a democratic majority.
    A year later there was a general election the majority of the mp's and parties all said they would respect the vote of the british people and would carry it out in their manifesto's

Now, what part of that is wrong given all of the legal ticks were followed, all the permissions needed were followed and even the eu's own rules said we can leave, is pulling up the drawbridge?

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I’m pretty confident “No Deal” won’t be allowed by Parliament, and the only Leave that will happen will be under May’s Deal or even softer. Hopefully this will mean that the negative impacts of Brexit will be minimised, but they will be there and they will be felt most by the poor and the vulnerable. The country will remain divided as well. This debacle will take decades to recover from. I feel for our children.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Oh, not just me but the whole of the UK :thinkingface: don't use the Wings one again, it's been done to death - it's not the EU council who decides where Airbus make Wings (no tariffs on Aviation btw - did you know?) We are a valuable market place to the EU, massive trade deficit. Just because 'Brexit' has been handled by a Remoner doesn't mean the majority were wrong, just because our Parliament are pretty much all remoaners doesn't mean they are correct, they are certainly less intelligent looking at some of them... Mini's? how's the UK's Ford Transit production going these days?
    How do you see Cameron's speech: clear enough for you?
    None of your arguments stack up, it's just been a farce from the beginning with our politicians.
    So you are saying the EU bullies will cease trade and shoot themselves in the foot to teach us a lesson - and you can't see what is wrong with the EU project, come on, you're not that silly :neutral:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information