1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The EU allowed Ford to move the transit out of the EU to Turkey and then allowed them a free trade agreement with no free movement of people. That's not very EUroerotic :)
    Do you know how many people James employs in Malmesbury - clearly not.
    Join us, your supporting the wrong side and are blinded by euro spin :)

2. They won't. When we cut our corporation tax to 12.5% the flow of business relocation will be in the other direction. The Government is a;ready has plans to cut CT to 15%. I hope they will go much further than that. As Exige says, you're swallowing the Euro-spin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This government has plans to make all small businesses file all their transactions online with HMRC and also to make all small business owners pay personal tax on all the profits that their company makes regardless of whether they have withdrawn that money or not.

There will not be any small businesses left if they follow that through.

4. Brexit and the City of London
    How does the City operate under the EU?
    As it stands, the City operates under uniform EU rules, which allows Britain to export financial services worth more than £20bn, or 1.1pc of GDP, to the EU.

What about after Brexit?
    One of the major uncertainties facing financial services will be the level of access to EU markets they are granted in the event of a Leave vote.

Should Britain enter some form of associate membership, it would throw into doubt this "passporting" of financial services. UK firms and regulators would have to ensure they still comply with the raft of Brussels' existing regulations in order to regain access to the single market.

For some bodies this would hardly be a hindrance. Others, such as clearing houses, could face serious disruption.

What if Brexit is less amicable?
    A messy Brexit - in which relations between the UK and the rest turn sour - could represent a "worst-case scenario", where the UK's financial services are no longer deemed equivalent to European rivals under the EU's regulatory regime.

5. upload_2016-9-29_9-28-11.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    I agree. That is precisely how the EU works.
    Well almost. To be truly accurate they should also be shackled to each other at the ankles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. yip. took a bit of a jolt that much is true, but do you not get the feeling they are starting to see a bit clearer now?

8. The people of Europe are certainly beginning to see more clearly but the EU ideologues are as deluded and as blinkered as ever. They cannot see that the blind pursuit of their vanity project is the direct cause of so much misery, disaffection, economic calamity and political dysfunction across the continent. More and more of the people of Europe can see that the the future is co-operation between sovereign nations not the abolition of the nation and the imposition of supranationalism. The precise opposite of the Euro creed.

9. thats certainly the line thats been pushed by our press, but i remain skeptical, and thats putting it mildly of anything the press,BUM the BSBBC what ever you want to call it attempts to tell me these days. but i guess its still a case of wait and see.
    i think the expression is making a rod for your back.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I would say it's a clear indication that many multinationals are fearful of the future after Brexit and will not remain in Britain If it means having to accept additional tariffs buying and selling from within Europe.

11. You can see why the SNP are looking at Scotland joiniing the EU. It has the potential to be a jobs goldmine to Scotland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. It'll be a jobs goldmine for European workers whose economies have tanked are where 50% youth unemployed is endemic. Hard to see how farming Scotland's labour market out to jobless Europeans will benefit the people of Scotland. Scotland hasn't seen much of EU migratory tide because most of it has been soaked up by England. Be careful what you wish for.
    Oh and they'll need to vote for independence first. How's that going?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I agree. Its like disinterring a dead horse just when the air had started to clear. My mistake. I shall cease digging.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Dents that mean voting OUT to a larger Union where trade os free across borders and people and money flow freely? Or am I spotting some irony there...we don't want to be in the pond, oh no, we want to be in the ocean :)

16. I'm sure someone said that Nissan would stay in the UK and were committed regardless of Brexit.

Looks like they have changed their mind and are now demanding compensation if we want them to stay.

Nissan boss warns on UK investment - BBC News

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well he isn't saying that they're going anywhere, or that we need to pay him to stay.

He's saying if the EU impose tariffs on the export or cars (import to Europe) then he doesn't want to be carrying the cost and would expect compensation. Obviously they can't make a judgement on payback of further investment if the costs rise in the not so distant future (by said tariffs)

So he's asking for a 'what if' deal with the UK government, the 'what if' being new tariffs being imposed, the fix will no doubt be larger tax breaks for corporations like his.

It's just posturing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And we import far more cars from the EU than we sell them, so whoopie!!! Quids in :D:D:D:D:Greedy::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information