1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The "we" is often said but it is not so much "we" but the government.

2. Ok, will be interesting to see what happens when they do.

3. The EU will have to consider very carefully whether they allow one of their principle cash cows to remain in the herd.

I suspect that they will, reluctantly, agree to have the UK back but there will be punishment conditions to be met.

Personally, if I was the EU, I wouldn't want the UK back if it has decided to ignore the largest democratic vote in its history. A country, with a population that decides that there can be no "taxation with representation" and thus rebels against its political establishment, will be effectively unruleable. It could end up costing the EU a lot more in the long run.

We are all agreed, right? There can be no taxation without representation, right? (Sheeples and snowflakes, sit this one out.)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alan if the UK government decide to revoke the Article 50 which they can (up to and including 29th March) without the permission of the EU, nothing will change whatsoever. I don't expect or predict that this will happen

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I don't really expect it to happen either, but politicians seem desperate to avoid Brexit, perhaps at any cost ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tonight we shall see whether the majority of MPs are "in on" the WA puppet show or whether they have backbone, principles and any degree of agency.

Heh. You can see why I am worried : o D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Possible but improbable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry, I can't resist it.

SEE?.....bloody told y'all.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Maytoday.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. Sky News David Blevin now quoting DUP sources: “The party cannot support the Prime Minister’s deal in tonight’s vote.”

Just out: ERG “Star Chamber” has reported on the Government’s latest legal advice.
    The advice *does not* meet the tests the Government set itself. Bill Cash: “In the light of our own legal analysis and others we do not recommend accepting the Govt motion today”

#27430 Jez900ie, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  11. Meanwhile in EUland...

Molly Scott Cato MEP
    "European Parliament just voted that Russian state actors interfered in the Brexit referendum"

Fcuking Russians - its all their fault.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I miss the old *hilarious* smiley, I really do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. It does look like the WA has no chance at all.

Can anyone see the vote for 'no-deal' not winning ?

Then the extension vote, surely that's a total waste of time ?
    The EU have said no more negotiations so why bother ?

14. The EU have said no more negotiations based on Mays red lines. Now if May will change her position, they may well change theirs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cool, so an even worse deal beckons :blush: fekkin pathetic remoaning wimps :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. I missed that bit :D

But it still seems pointless to me, especially if the 'no-deal' has been removed, doesn't that give the UK a bit of bargaining power ?

Can anyone suggest ideas for a decent WA that would have half a chance of being agreed by the UK and the EU ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. It would be far simpler to just go straight to the Backstop, then wait for Michel Barnier to tell us what the future trade arrangements are going to be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hard to say its pointless until both sides explore what can be gained and what can be compromised. Its fairly clear that May decided sometime ago that her deal was the only deal. I doubt that the EU took this very well.

19. THE First Minister was told she "simply wasn't bright enough to understand how good [Theresa May's Brexit] deal was" in a meeting with the Prime Minister, MPs have heard.

Scotland's Constitutional Relations Secretary Michael Russell told Westminster's Scottish Affairs Committee the incident happened the last time he and Nicola Sturgeon met May.
    https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...-shes-not-bright-enough-for-mays-brexit-deal/

20. Wait! Whaaaaaat? you'd never find remainers saying that about brexiteers. How did Nic vote fin? :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information