1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bwear Wabbit sez "Shoulda lissenned to ole Uncle AL"

3. bwear wabbit also sez many buffalo pass this way and blueman speak with fork tongue

4. 3months until Indy Fin :):upyeah:

5. Some one was asking for a solution and here it is on page 1 of the first Brexit thread :eek:
    The Ducati forum had it, the Ducati Forum had it (in commons speak) :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. No deal cannot be removed,without the current law being overturned by a new one.
    Please read the statements made by the clerk to the HoC,eminent professors,even May and Bercow had to admit it.
    Only a statute can over ride a statute,and our departure date,(deal or no deal),is on the statute book
    A motion in the HoC demanding it's removal is not binding,and it has no importance,(except to the shrieking harridans of the meedja and the remoaners).
    Please research the opinion of experts before getting too glum about it.
    Her deal,(if passed),gives the EU a reason to agree extending Article 50.
    But theoretically at least,if her deal doesn't pass,then there is no negotiation taking place and hence the EU,(based on earlier statements),should not agree to an extension.
    The EU agreement has to be unanimous-and if Italy for example voted against it,then Article 50 could not be extended.(I pray the Italians do the right thing by us).
    Gina Miller did us a favour,but the duplicitous crooks on both sides of the Channel will no doubt try to weasel out of whatever is written.
    I'm not holding my breath,because there is an awful lot at stake,but it ain't all over yet.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. A delay would have to be for at least a change of PM, or possibly a GE then ?

Would that reset everything - for example no-deal back on the table ?

Other than that the UK may as well just ask the EU how they want us to leave, that would be great :D

8. I hope you are right, will have a look later to cheer myself up :)

I think the remainers are getting to me, I was starting to worry about how much phone calls will cost when I'm on holiday, if I can fly there, or get to the airport with all them lorries blocking the roads. :)

Perhaps I should take a gap year ?

(Hoping to get out and work on my bike tonight - that always helps)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I can’t see how a GE solves anything unless one of the 2 major parties came out in favour of Remain (unlikely). Or do you just want a chance to vote for different unicorns?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Why are they behaving as if they are in favour of remain then ?

I don't get the unicorns reference, what am I missing ?

11. As rocking horses remain where they are, stagnant :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. From the Spectator:

‘The term ‘unicorn’ keeps being used as a term of abuse in Brexit discussions. Brexiteers are accused of conjuring up all sorts of ‘unicorns’ about how we can prosper outside the EU. It is sad to find this lovely beast besmirched and mocked, on the feeble grounds that it does not exist. (This insult is particularly hurtful in Scotland, by the way, because the unicorn represents that nation.) The lion and the unicorn together guard the unity of the kingdom on our royal coat of arms, although the unicorn has to be chained because it is such a dangerous beast. I like to think — whether or not there is any heraldic basis for doing so — that the lion represents courage and the unicorn imagination. A successful country needs both. Too many of our MPs possess neither.’

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It’s one of his veiled insults that’s all. You’re a thiko :yum

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Pete1950 will no doubt confirm or not - but I think you will find a Judicial Review can alter, revise or remove a statute.

15. Bye. :upyeah:

16. I just hope the poles don't leave before they have rebuilt hadrians wall

17. It’s one of his veiled insults that’s all. You’re a thiko :yum
    terrible behavioure init?...
    anyhoo. our national emblem is the unicorn btw
    [​IMG]
    notice who has the chain?

18. The one into S & M? Is it Alex?

19. In less than three weeks?

20. It can’t be an insult.

I think he’s a remainer, they don’t do insults.

I’m a thiko though, I believe in leaving the Eu (and unicorns)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information