1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The concept explains a lot ... either you just don't understand things and/or you do understand but are twisting things because the facts don't fit your beliefs. Sadly with only written communication on a forum it is hard to judge which is the dominant factor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. In the event of a no-deal Brexit,(the one that I voted for):
    The BBC are reporting that the Government will slash tariffs on the vast majority of non-EU imports,with no additional checks on the cross-Irish-border imports.
    So a lot of stuff gets cheaper for the consumer,and the Irish are unaffected.
    EU made cars get a 10% tariff though.
    For most people,this will make non-EU products more attractive.
    And the Beeb presenter has just asked,"if it is this simple,why all the argument?.

#27642 Lightning_650, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. You've lost me there I'm afraid. Please explain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. i suspect its either gethins or wishart

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. And I think this is indicative of remainers, you've held onto only business is important rather than the vote was for the people and by the people and in your broad sweeps you have said business is more important than the people in a democratic country. I respectfully say that is wrong.

6. this what happens when the gov spends every hour of the last 9years and every quote they ever make on any subject is " for good public services you need a strong ecconomy".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fin, they all do that, but this is the very first time the house has attempted to overturn a national majority democratic vote mandate from the people.

8. no they dont. only the maybot and cameron before him get away with it.
    we get wall to wall condemnation when a minister takes a taxi ride.
    true btw.

9. Oh cracking!!! Your going to list the facts now :bucktooth:
    Or if not just zip it :no_mouth:

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. here is one, again. tarifs are gonna be put on food exports. our pruducers account for more than half of those exports.
    here is another. trump has continued the ban on our salmon exports
    here is another, trump has stated he wants access to markets, or else.

11. As we are discussing the subject of Google searches, here's some food for thought for the greener, more naive members of Speakers Corner.

Google Searches:

A primer on Google searches - nothing controversial here

An alarmist view from the fringe and a Google rival

The MSM wades in

And wades in a little deeper

And for a little anecdotal fun ...
    Before the US mid-terms in 2018, I plugged in a search for the name of a Republican Senate candidate for my old stomping ground, Michigan. I couldn't remember his name off-hand.
    Google came to my rescue - fourth in the list of selected results was John James, the GOP candidate. The first three results referred to Debbie Stabenow, the Democratic candidate. I did screenshot the results, because I could not stop laughing ... nor believe what I was seeing ... but for some reason, I can no longer find the screenshot. Possibly it's still on another PC that I use.
    I have no doubt I could recreate a similar outcome in the run-up to the 2020 elections. Also, it will be fun to try an experiment before our next General Election in the UK.

Anyway, I provide this lesson as a free service and I'm pleased and proud to have assisted you all in this matter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Thanks, Nick!

I do hope you don't dissolve yourself in your own bile!

Seriously, I hope he doesn't. Our Nick is the only fruitloop in my Twitter feed that can come close to Lammy for sheer fuckbudgetry, He's marvelous.

14. Over 9% of the UK food is supplied out of Scotland you mean?

Well that's ok isn't it as there would be no tariff on that as it's already here?

15. You set an unreasonably high bar....I'll take a 9.5 ;)

16. ffs, here we go again. and bearing in mind, much of what we export to england goes into products that go on to the continent and further.
    with our produce generally being the high value stuff, if rUK is poorer, you wont be in the market for our stuff.
    triple whammy.
    14/03/18 13:33

Exports hit record £6 billion
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to Facebook
    Share to TwitterShare to LinkedInShare to Email
    Part of:
    Economy Farming and rural Food and drink

Food and drink statistics.

Overseas Scottish food and drink exports were worth approximately £6 billion in 2017 - almost £570 million more than 2016.

Food exports were valued at about £1.6 billion – a rise of 15% (£214 million) during the same period. Exports of food to Europe were worth £1.1 billion after an increase of 13%, or £125 million.

Fish and seafood accounted for the majority of food exports and were worth approximately £944 million, up 23% from last year. Scottish Whisky exports also increased by around £356 million compared to 2016.
    https://news.gov.scot/news/exports-hit-record-gbp-6-billion

17. Fun math fact - 9.5 is 19/20ths of 10!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information