1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shhh. They dont like to hear about that!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I think we should leave, have never voted Tory and prefer to be called a 'Bremoaner' please. :)

The frustration with Labour is perhaps mainly down to Corbyn ?
    Has he actually said what his plan is, other than vote for me and I will make everything lovely ?

Sort of agree in that politics need a shake up though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Of course individual EU members have a choice ... I'm saying they will all choose to do what is in their own best interests which in this case is support an Extension. This is politics ... @Exige ... something that few on here seems to understand the reality of.

My views aren't self-centred. They are what I believe are the best for the country ... just like you and your views. The only difference is I'm right and you are wrong ... and the reasonable majority of people (both "normal folk" and "experts") agree with me and not you ;-)

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 08.42.34.png

• Like x 1
    • Face Palm x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. May yesterday "persuaded" Spelman to retract her ammendment on the basis that the government would introduce a virtually identical one, on the basis that would be a united party position. Spelman agrees. May confirms she will also vote for this ammendment during PMQs.

Cooper a signatory for the ammendment knows May is an untrustworthy barstardo, and enters the Spelman ammendment anyway.

May then issues a 3 line whip against the ammendment. May also personally votes against it.

Untrustworthy is Mays middle name which is why her own party are embarassed and 13 ministers voted against her. May is the worst.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. just like you and your views. The only difference is I'm right and you are wrong ... and the reasonable majority of people (both "normal folk" and "experts") agree with me and not you ;-)
    cant argue with that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cooper has been interesting to watch in parliament. You can tell she does not trust May and the Tories. Too right!
    Just a shame the Labour party have so many waste of space politicians and loons on the front row.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm just wondering how the Brexiteers are feeling about that Parliamentary Sovereignty, that they lost to the EU and the only way they can get it back if by leaving, is going these days? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The front bench is made up of people who have accepted the leadership vote. There are other clever people in the party who are not on the front bench, but they are divisive. The only way to get get rid of Corbyn is to give the membership something they percieve as better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. May acts like all parliamenty soveriegnty is hers alone, to do whatever she likes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bremoaner please :)

Part of me thinks, look at what this lot (UK parliament) they're useless, what are we doing giving them more and part of me thinks, put under similar 'pressure' they all behave the same, perhaps if we ever leave it could get better, for a start the UK will have 70odd less politicians (MEPs).

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. This was great - yesterday in an interview with Truss (Chief Sec to Treasury)

Truss.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. That’s the thing here, the majority want out, your crying about it, and you don’t realise what you are writing half the time - then have to twist your own words and come out with a load of crap to justify your childish arguments.
    And to say you are not being selfish really is quite incredulous :eek:
    Polatics you say: what a load of bollocks :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Nope, can’t argue with sheer lunacy :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Well, it's going well.

Turns out, electorate are finding out there is no further need for the Tories or for Labour. They are obsolete. Useful information.

Legally, we still leave the EU on 29 Mar, assuming the EU aren't lying about what specific deal they are prepared to accept from the UK.

What do you think, Ant? Could the EU be lying about what deal they'll accept?

15. Dave says all 27 are made to vote the same, although after he wrote it he then retracted it and wrote loads of :poop:

:joy:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. One of the saddest things about the whole fiasco is the leading politicians.
    May is going to be got rid of and will be replaced by whom? They are all awful. There isn’t one of them you’d like to see as PM.

On the Labour side you have the utterly untrustworthy and shrill Corbyn who is not a leader or administrator, flanked by the unlovable Marxist John McDonnell to control your finances and the comic excuse for a politician that is Diane Abbott to solve crime problems.

And the good news is that a GE is surely not far away.
    Too bad that we’ll be leaving the EU just when it was going to get tough on tax havens and the putrid offshore finance world - about the most important thing that needs doing.

The UK, surprise surprise, likes the offshore world. Post Brexit it will positively encourage it as part of its Northern Singapore strategy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. the majority dont want out. you have no proof of this while i can produce regular polling that demonstates the remain share is up to 68% here.
    perssonally i think its you thats the narrow minded selfish sod that is ignorring the impact on the variious areas and populations brexit is gonna have. like most on here, you have bennifitted most from the protections of the bennifits safty net of the past but want it removed from todays generation, now yer near retirement, have made yer money and want out. after decades of bennifits taken from being members of the EU regardless how it affects the rest of us.
    selfish, so fuggin selfish.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. Yep. The EU was just about to crack down on their tax haven corporate f̶i̶n̶a̶n̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶ tax cheats. Damned shame.

: o D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. So then.....

Brexit: What happens now?

:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vote on Mays deal I believe.

Just to make sure

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information