1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This might change things
    ammendment.jpg

2. Glidd, that deserves a decent, thought out retort. I shall do that a little later, when I have some time. Right now I have to do a few jobs and run some errands otherwise I shall be in trouble with the omniscient and omnipotent entity that sits at the heart of my own little universe - SWMBO. TTFN. :upyeah:

3. Some companies lower their prices and increase their sales and profits. Wild stuff!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. yes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I feel this is one of the inequalities and the lack of ability to custom react. The eu obsessives end state is to remove national borders, national passports and identities so it does come under a united states of europe. This also includes removing each countries ability to create their own budgets and finances.

However when you have the extremes such as Germany at one end and romania at the other, where do you set an eu universal tax rate? too high and the two thirds of countries who take out more than they put in, may well not be able to afford it, too low and the better off countries will have had a tax cut effectively and would increase the gap between the poorest and richest within the eu community.

#28025 noobie, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Which is an amusing comment, but sadly not going to help you much in a forthcoming election. Unless Jacob Rees Mogg founds the Drawling Party, then you'll have someone to vote for.

7. Good thinking Batman. I also have to do some some work to get some money to put in my paltry bank account.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is that what happened in Switzerland?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Unlikely to see an election till 2022

10. For info:
    No one who remains in the Tory party will ever get my vote.
    Not everyone who leaves the Tory Party will ever get my vote.

You have all been warned.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. But refusing to accept investments from offshore companies within the EU would not engender that problem, nor would changing laws on transfer pricing. There is a huge amount that could be done before you would need to impose standard taxation rates.

12. Digging up old, Left-wing nationalist gold in the garden, is my bet.

13. When banking secrecy died a death in Switzerland a few years ago (a good thing, for all the reasons I have outlined above) some money did move elsewhere. But Switzerland has a lot to offer in banking besides secrecy so you assume that most of the less toxic money stayed. I haven't noticed mass unemployment amongst the banking community in Geneva. Not that I'd lose any sleep if there were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. a wee example of the bennifits (and nesessity) of EU migration up here. its actually in responce to an accross the board slag fest on teacher numbers the other day. you will notice population noubers droping but just starting to rise as EU nationals child numbers start to contribute to our population
    [​IMG]
    without migration, we is fooked up here.

15. I've been digging for that for the last 15 years without success. Not very motivated to do more digging today, especially as the weather is horrible.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. You have a bank account for your hen's!!!
    What ever next,

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. I would agree with that but with one big BUT. Your suggestion works on the basis that an organisation is largely a trade entity but the eu is largely now a political entity and it's end goals are quite obvious that the project is more important than the countries

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Feck it, if I don't respond now the post will be lost in the depths of time in this thread.
    Govt's don't increase tax rates each time a UHNW or a corporation manages their tax affairs so as to minimise or delay the tax they would otherwise have to pay. Tax rates are set to generate an income to service the debt that most countries use to fund their services & requirements. The setting of that rate is heavily linked with what will be politically acceptable with the electorate.

Delete the word 'almost' and I agree, but it's not illegal. In regard to the group referenced at the end of the sentence the source of the money may be illegal but managing one's tax affairs is not. The two are mutually exclusive.

It appears you are assuming that everyone who has cash outside of their country of domicile is corrupt. I'd hazard a guess that's not so. As for perpetuating 'rubbish situations in third world countries' it is the corrupt who lead those countries who perpetuate that, creaming off aid for themselves, which they stash off-shore, and suppressing their people. Apple, Philip Green, or a Russian Oligarch, managing their wealth does not have an effect upon 3rd world countries.

If people stopped buying the shit, they'd have no business. I don't think there is a single 'recreational' drug user in the world who thinks about the trail of death, torture, extortion etc that lies behind them being able to partake. If they did, they wouldn't be partaking. Laundering money has nothing to do with managing one's tax affairs.

Many of those are ex-council houses. These are packets of residential mortgage backed securities that have been bought by investment funds (vulture funds as the tabloids like to call them), many of the investors of which are the big insurance and pension providers that we, the average man in the street, rely upon for our small investments in our old age. The investment funds manage them in the most tax efficient way so that tax is only paid once, when the investment pays out to the investors, who then account for it in their own jurisdiction - or manage it further. By investing in a pension we are facilitating this.
    Agreed, perceived inequality is one of many things that are driving populism, but as we're debating a pan-EU corporate tax rate, I don't think the unaligned CT rates across the EU is the gross inequality you are perhaps referring to.

I used to like the EU, still do like many facets of of, but my views have changed over the years. The EU, especially the group of unelected technocrats that actually run it, needs to take a long hard look at itself. Perhaps, just perhaps, it is overstepping it's original remit and perhaps it is that which is turning the electorate in various EU states against the machine. As for not understanding something I'm not sure what it is I'm meant to not understand. For sure I may have views that differ from others but that is not the same as a lack of understanding.

I do so enjoy a good debate:). Now I really must do my jobs:upyeah:.

#28038 West Cork Paul, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Not sure what that means fin?
    It shows over 18 years you have 32 less schools, not surprising given the birth rate of U.K. people continues to drop
    but to claim a loss of of 32 schools but 31,552 pupils and 1,208 teachers seems a bit Diane Abbot, you sure of those figures?

I get what you mean on Scottish immigration

20. It's a satire piece on a satire website, created to trigger gammons. Job done. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information