1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brexit means German models cost extra :wink: that's if they are even allowed at all.

2. This of course will always be the fly in the ointment with the leftist view of the welfare state, those that can have to pay for themselves whilst at the same time pay for those that can't and each successive generation takes out more that it puts in, hence the ever increasing debt.

However, if balanced budgets are a thing of the past and QE, in one form or another, is the new norm then how our economy works and who it works for is due a rethink.

I can see a national wage from government directly into your bank account for every citizen sometime soon; Denmark and Switzerland are planning to do just that. It's success would require an immigration policy and the end of unfettered freedom of movement, so it is just as well Theresa is in charge.

3. Even young supermodels loose their shine though

861416_45N21J87463N1Z6237OESCUIRKW8VC_stars-sans-maquillage-29_H115824_L.jpg

4. I'd still "do" her with no clothes on than you with your best suit on ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I thought that. If he's genuinely raised almost £150k, then there are some gullible people about, sending him cash to line his pockets and give some to high flying city lawyers. :Meh:

Where do I sign up? This doesn't seem like a waste of my hard earned at all. :Hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I can think of a few who may have.... ;)

7. 145 k should just about cover him for the first months bills, what then? Presumably "Edmonds Marshall McMahon" take IOU's?

8. don't worry Red, will be a just-giving thing all over faceache soon, as there is for every 'travesty' :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Something along the lines of "to each according to his needs...?"

My understanding of the Pension Credit system which Gordon Brown introduced is that it is designed to pay the equivalent of the state pension to those resident in the UK who would not otherwise qualify for it on the basis of NI contribution history, but only if they have arranged their assets and lifestyle to "qualify" as being poor enough.

One of the reasons for us being where we are (Brexit in progress) is that the UK is a place where, politically, it is difficult to take our benefits and welfare state system back to any real contribution-base entitlement mechanism.

10. Ar Gordon Brown. Fan of the people. Well, their pension funds and taking their liberty and freedoms, anyway

11. If people hadn't paid enough to draw a pension they would have been paid an equivalent in benefits anyway...unless you want to see starving people on the streets of the UK again.

Bear in mind many women may have stayed at home to care for their kids and so would not have qualified anyway.

12. Those who want to turn on the fan should stand next to it ...

Brexit - Private Eye.jpeg

13. Yes, there is the huge problem of what you do about providing a last resort "safety net" but I do think that the UK's arrangements now rely on too little a connection between contribution and benefits, and this is why the subject is relevant to "freedom of movement" and Brexit (I'm trying to stay on topic).

As regards stay-at-home mothers (and there is nothing wrong with that) it's important to remember that this is becoming a problem of the past - it looks as if there has been protection for women ( I wonder about men though?), in terms of accumulating entitlement to state pension when bringing up young children, since 1978 (Home Responsibilities Protection ). Since 2010 there have been NI credits for non-working mothers of children aged up to 12 (there are also NI credits given in respect of various other circumstances - even to grandparents caring for grandchildren, which strikes me as perhaps overgenerous and open to exploitation).

NIM41310 - National Insurance Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

14. Have you been buying the Big Issue again Pete ?

15. "A country that works for everyone" and "social justice".

Absolutely :upyeah:

16. The shit that's waiting to hit the fan across the Eurozone will make our Brexit adjustments feel like a fragrant breeze. The Project is dead.

17. Let's see how that goes. Will she start by stopping the scandal of big companies and wealthy individuals avoiding and evading tax by setting up their companies and tax affairs offshore? I wonder.

18. Sterling hits its lowest point for 31 years just on the knowledge that Brexit will start next March.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information