1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yep it is just a simple exchange but just a bit bureaucratic and if you have class C1 which is a lorry up to 7.5tonnes, which I believe you get as a matter of course in the UK, and you wish to retain it, then you need a medical report confirming you’re fit to drive.

Re the yank/Canuck driving on their own licence, that’s cool, they can, they’ll just find it nigh on impossible to get insurance though, unless it’s a hire car.

EDIT: also it's a strange one, it seems to imply if one is resident one can't use a UK licence but if one visits one can.

I posted it really to alert people to the fact. This story was swimming around the media a few weeks back but now it’s being put out by Govt agencies. It’ll probably be the same across the rest of the EU. No valid licence means you aren’t licenced to drive, means any insurance you have is null & void in the event of an accident. I wouldn’t want to debate that with an insurer as I know where their starting point will be. Also, technically, it means you can get nicked by the Feds for not having a licence.

#28321 West Cork Paul, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. I’m guessing it is, yes, but my insurer doesn’t know where I was born and does know I have a full Irish licence. It actually doesn’t affect me, I was joking about being fooked, but it could affect others planning to travel (in the event of) so posted it as a heads up.

3. Are Apple, google and amazon listed on the London stock exchange? I don’t know.

Surely we all lose with lower tax receipts and therefore either less money for public services or we pay more tax than otherwise?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seems she is pressuring or bribing the knuckle draggers today

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Can we send the “good catholic” Francis Begbie to negotiate with the DUP so they get the message that their approach is contrary to the will of the majority of the people they sadly represent?

The tail is wagging the dog here

#28325 749er, Mar 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I'm sure any money won by the dup for the people of Northern Ireland will be appreciated by the people of Northern Ireland, but yes, they were making the usual dup "we are close to an agreement" scrunchy sex faces they make when they are close to winning

7. Sounds like heaven. Being paid to be better off by staying in the customs union

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Funny thing thing is, rather than meeting the vote of leaving the eu and allowing the U.K. to reach it's true potential, the remainers in government, house of commons, house of lords and the civil service who undermined the actual brexit, means if Mays deal gets though, we will have a deal worse than we currently have and with no foreseeable escape from it

There is an irony in that a worse deal for the country, was delivered by remainers, to remainers and for remainers, enjoy

#28328 noobie, Mar 15, 2019
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. If Mays WA gets approved I can’t see that uniting the country.
    The argument will just change to whether or not we are in the EU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don't believe so (but haven't checked tbh). However, it doesn't matter where the co is listed as far as pension funds are concerned, they'll invest in whatever they believe to give the best return for the least risk, wherever it is in the world. That also applies to State funds being invested.
    Projected CT tax rate for the UK for 2019 is £56b which is 7% of total UK tax take so I'm not sure that a few large corporations managing their tax will make have that big an impact upon the overall tax take.

11. You only get a C1 by right if you have held a licence from before 1997?,and (I only train professionals for the Drivers CPC ),I seem to recall pre-97 C1 holders can hire between 3.5t and 7.5t without a medical as long as it is for private use,such as their own house removal etc.
    Similarly private use does not require the driver to have a digital tacho card nor a current drivers DQC,("CPC"),card.
    At least as far as I remember that is still the case.
    Edit: for those with a pre-97 C1 licence I'm fairly certain,you might also be able pull a trailer of up to 750kgs MAM behind said 7.5t.
    Some hire companies have towbars fitted for this very purpose.
    You need to have a "C1E", entitlement with a,"107",restriction,it should be under the licence entitlements/codes on the back of your plastic licence
    Ideal for those who are moving house and own one or two bikes,although the regulations regarding towing are different in France now.

#28331 Lightning_650, Mar 15, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Thanks, I didn't know that, and yes, I did get my licence before 1997 :(

13. First name terms with your insurer, v.posh :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. You voted Status Quo :joy::joy::joy: nutter :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Looking good there wee man :heart_eyes:

16. I expect only the best service :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Within 10 years i reckon Ireland will be one country again. Brexit will make that so much more likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Well at least he was on the winning side, loser :sob:
    Still crying about your selfish retirement plans :(:splat:

Still loves you dude o_O:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. If that's what people want, it will happen, what's wrong with that :thinkingface: if it's not it won't, what's wrong with that :thinkingface:
    Have you thought about Cornwall instead :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information