1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. again?!

thought that was standard tory policy myself

2. Standard EU policy. Encourage beggers, refugees and the destitute to cross continents in search of a Shangri-La that doesn't exist.

3. Those beggars, refugees and destitute are generally fleeing for their lives from their home country which has been utterly destroyed by the west, ISIS, their own President and Russia.

• Agree Agree x 1

4. bit crass even for you gimmers

5. Not at all. Nearly 40% of the homeless people in London alone are now from eastern Europe and they are here purely because of EU freedom of movement. Many were not homeless until they came here with no money or job to go to and a false hope of streets paved with gold, and many are now trapped.
    Its my understanding that the Government plans after Brexit to deport all those who who have no job and no means to support themselves. Quite right. It is in their best interests and ours.

Oh yes and then there's Mrs Merkel's policy, which she wants to impose on all EU member states, of encouraging unlimited migration from outside the EU, creating a massive black market for people-traffickers, modern-day slavers and terrorist organisations, flooding Europe with a mass of humanity it cannot absorb, filling the Mediterranean with corpses and making it impossible to help genuine refugees lost among the sea economic migrants, Islamic fanatics and assorted chancers and misfits. Now that really is crass.

6. And the Footsie hits an all time high.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Only because the pound hits its all time low and it the only way of potentially making any income from investment if you keep your money in sterling.

8. dude. your wasting your time. (middle of the tory/ukip conference week) there's a lot of frothing from the gob going on.
    blinkered.
    misinformed.
    xenophobic
    fascist.
    rude.
    complicit
    ignorant.
    just some of the language used to describe many of the posts on this and other threads on this here site by a mate while browsing for several hours during a repair on his alfa yesturday.
    i obviously agree. but he tends to quantify these things better than me. a welshman, late 60s, working up here, lecturing across the UK, mostly london. spent most of his career in the middle east, a long stint in Canada and a spell in Europe mainland.
    clearly knows the people but doesn't pretend to be an economist yet has a fair understanding of the social cost of brexit.
    nothing like indireff. again, i agree.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Just educating the lost and confused, finm. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I wonder how many votes the Tories may actually have lost with their xenophobic conference this week?

Is this really the Britain that will flourish and thrive in the modern world with no foreigners allowed in at all?

11. my heads totally scunnerd with it all. i was really really hopping the EU vote would of been the end of all this politics for a while.

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. It's just the start fin like a can of worms

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. And it makes our exports cheaper, more competitive and more attractive for overseas buyers.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

14. The British public voted to control migration not close migration, it is vote winner not vote loser.

But I guess you only see that which fits in with your blinkered view.

15. The only way we will see the end of politics is if an asteroid crashes into the Earth.

16. We have not yet had the other downside of increased costs for imports that will hit the fan between now and next Spring.

17. Yet more negativity. Maybe that will encourage us to look to our home markets ?

18. arf

do you genuinely believe that?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information