1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yes.

We need qualified migrants to help us run our economy.

2. is this how it begins?.

[​IMG]
    being part of a fairly recent reff campaign i never seen the kind of language and rhetoric that used in this brexit. not by our ELECTED leaders, and not by so called informed and educated people anyhoo. despite the greatest of efforts Ruth Davidson to tell you otherwise. nasty nasty person. and strangely unchallenged despite the gazzilion pieces of misinformation and stats she has using at holyrood and media calls?.
    how much proof do you require? .
    like i said, the EU vote should of been the end of it for a while?. tory's/kippers, what they like eh?

3. We also need to accept that for a country of 65 million people that has the world's fifth largest economy to be reliant on so much imported labour is unacceptable and unsustainable. We need to take a serious look at our economic model and we must overhaul our education and training welfare systems so we can staff more of our economy from our own population instead of relying on poaching workers from poorer countries and burying more of our island in concrete to provide them with second homes.

Encouraging to hear the Government showing some signs of grasping this reality. Time will tell whether they follow it through but with no meaningful opposition from the political forces that got us in this mess on the horizon for at least five years and probably ten, there is no excuse not to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Go to Australia, or Canada or New Zealand. Employers contemplating hiring imported labour must first demonstrate that no suitable applicants could be found among the indigenous population. It is normal practice the world over for nations to prioritise their own labour force, to maximise employment, minimise unemployment and defend wages and living standards for their own citizens.
    Away from EU fantasy land, that is how the real world works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. First weeding out the NHS good luck finding the task force from our own population to fill the gaps as our own homegrown talent have gone to Canada/Australia/etc etc
    It's unacceptable to keep some of our homegrown talent relying on the economy to sustain them
    Bit of training they may well become our next doctors and consultants
    Hmmm

7. If a currency sharply loses part of its value, that has both advantages and drawbacks. But if it starts to slide down a slippery slope and lose more and more of its value, the advantages shrink and the drawbacks grow.

Whenever a currency drops, the price tags of assets denominated in that currency (e.g. goods, land, companies) will obviously show higher figures. Those higher figures are not good news - they are just an arithmetical display of the loss in value of the currency.

8. Similarly a little bit of the right kind of inflation is a good thing.

However I think we are entering a new age of how our economy, and particularly the money supply, works with budget deficits becoming the new norm. Is this the new endgame of the Keynesian quote

"By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security, but at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth."

9. For someone so "un-electable" its pretty funny how thatcher mark II’s doing such a great impersonation of Jezza right now. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hypocritical cunt that she is.

10. Several years ago I was required to send a copy of my passport to my then employers, they already had a copy in reality, but it was anew initiative to ensure that all of thosee employed had a legal right to work in the UK, something for which the company was legally responsible.

Maybe you need to do a check on your boys to ensure you have no illegal aliens masquerading as mechanics ;).

I don't think internment camps are being planned just yet.

11. So you don't want more socially just and equitable policies to be introduced unless they are introduced by Jezza backed by his Momentum brownshirts ?

#2851 johnv, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  12. id be a lot happier if i didnt know it was a complete pack of lies

13. What ? Jezza and his Momentum brownshirts ?

14. dont think they have done anything illegal but their deffo aliens. the way last week went possibly from the planet mong.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. lol, why have the tories suddenly become so concerned about the folk they’ve shat all over for as long as I can remember?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. they haven't. all they need is 27% is it? of the vote. in the right areas of coarse. up here if they followed first past the post without the list votes the currant government would have 95% of the seats. almost all tory/lab msp's where rejected. including their leaders.

17. Do you really think the liberal metropolitan elite that makes up Momentum gives a shit for the people of Liverpool over say showing solidarity with Hamas and other anti-semites ?

Labour has been unceremoniously dumped in Scotland and the SNP have enormously benefitted but were unable to win an independence referendum. That tells you something about the people of Scotland.

Meanwhile in England Labour is clinging on in their traditional heartlands not because there is any great support but because there is no real alternative other than the Conservatives and UKIP, who are struggling to make the transition away from a party of protest even though they polled more votes south of the border than the SNP polled north of the border for 56 seats. Corbin and Momentum will be trounced at the next general election because they are abandoning, and patronising, the working class who do not share their liberal metropolitan values.

18. nice manipulation of the facts there jv.
    benefit of the snp? benefit of the people of Scotland surly? it would be interesting what the nombers would be if they stood candidates across the boarder. i know there are plenty members and hubs down your way.
    i have come to despise Scottish labour but better to abstain than give your support to the alternative down your way.

19. The people of Scotland, surly..?
    You heard it here first folks. :)

20. oh deary i forgot an e. FFS its an inability to think rather than spell that got us here and the aforementioned 4mill votes in the first place? :Angelic::smileys:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information