1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. because like tantric yoga, wheat grass and kale smoothies are so last year darling

• Funny Funny x 1

2. Lichtenstein

Where is Sinn Feinn leader Jacob Rees Mogg and his trumpet fanfare to celebrate that one?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Is it just me that thinks that Liam Fox’s deals, will in time be shown to be awful?

The media does not have the resource to scrutinise them at the moment and you can’t help but wonder if the government is taking advantage of this and getting them out now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. A big problem with media now is lack of resources. Lack of funds to really get to the truth. Investigative journalism is at an all time low. I am in the know as my wife is a journalist (now working in public relations)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. ..No need for a link.... Norway cannot do/implement separate deals with a EU member, nor can UK until member of the EU trading block....thought this is clear by now?? Basically Liam Fox claims he sorted a deal, which is true, but he forgot to mention thsi is not a "live" deal, Norway claims this turns live just in case of no deal scenario. Therefore these "deals" are obviously some sort of templates in case of "no deal". Nothing wrong with this good to have a back-up plan. Only problem is that there are only very few in place...

7. Utter rubbish!

It's like saying that you're building a house without any plans. Until you come up with the plans, nobody has any idea what the house will look like. Of course you can describe it as the best house in the world, with a unicorn in the back garden, and some might believe you. But unfortunately, back in the real world, it doesn't work like that! You make the plans and agree to it up front as part of the contract before handing over the money.

Brexit should have been no different.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That link doesn't support your claim of the Norway issue you mentioned earlier?

I don't feel that funding is the issue but more since the arrival of social media, blogs, vlogs etc that conventional media has been fighting a losing battle on numbers and almost anyone can now call themselves a "journalist". You also have conventional media now has very much gone harder on lacking independence whilst claiming they are independence.

Guardian is a good example where they have been asking for subscriptions in order to keep it as a strong supporter of independent journalism, read the guardian and there is very little independent about it at all. The level of poison in their comments section makes the mail look like a beginner.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You may laugh but I'm of the opinion that that was exactly who he thought he was dealing with... :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. But this isn't a house is it. We needed a need first and that need was identified by the leave vote. The 2 years that followed was supposed to implement that need/requirement

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. No, just an interesting article about Norway and the EU.

I think the Liam Fox/Norway deal being misleading was posted by Jez?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #28616Jez900ie, Today at 8:08 AM

14. Apologies yeah it was Jezz, that wanton hussy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nobody wants to be wrong, if it goes hard Brexit I hope it works.

Honest question though. Liam Fox. Trust...yes/no?

16. So you are saying Norway can do a deal if we have a no deal Brexit, but not if we don’t?
    Please clarify :bucktooth:

17. "Hard" Brexit?

Is that Brexit with actual penetration on-screen?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Have you been staying up late again loz?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. You don’t “feel” that funding is an issue when everyone in the industry says it is?

Have you not noticed how journalism on tv and radio now consists of getting two people With opposing views to debate it out? Rather than professional journalists researching facts?

People wonder why the world is fecked. It’s down to people like you who have a “feel” for things. Like Donald Trump has a “instinct” for science because his uncle was a professor at MIT.

Maybe if we all dealt in facts and not feelings we would get on better?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1674336002

#28620 749er, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information