1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. It’s no longer an issue for Moggs Sinn Feinn. He wants an open border with the EU

2. I'm all for a national strike, works over rated anyway. :upyeah:;):punch::eyes:
    That'll teach em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I believe I understand your logic it's just that I don't believe it practicable.

I'm just imagining the letter to Junker and Tusk now

Eh up chaps we're having a spot of bother with the ingrates. Your not going to believe this but some of them want out of the EU. It's all very theoretical at this stage but we might have to put to a vote in a referendum. Before we do that would you be kind enough to give us the deal we would have swallow now just to make sure we get the result we both want. Lots of love TM

• Like Like x 1
  4. You must be reading very odd newspapers. Mogg wants to respect the GFA as does the British and Irish governments. Only the eu is insisting on a hard border in Ireland if we do not agree their deal

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Nobody in Government needs to do anything - just let the 10 days run out until 29th March (this year).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep, which is pretty much this

"What they're actually doing is saying they don't know what we want just to keep the guessing game going in the hope the whole thing will get called off"

There's little point worrying about what any eu membership state leader says, or what any eu negotiation head says, they're all talking bollocks and are no more honest about what they're doing as the charlotens in the HOC.

The whole thing is underhand, whichever side you're on, and it's just shown them all up imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. But a referendum isn’t the ‘end of this process’ unless you expect the answer to be ‘OK, Carry on as you were!’

9. Why not? Please explain?

At least this way you end up voting upon two known outcomes rather than one known and one unagreed wish list!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. the Irish are insisting that the U.K. meets its obligations of the GFA whilst respecting Irelands obligations to the EU.

Outside if that it doesn’t care how it’s done.

Only a Brexiteer could make a British problem, the responsibility of the Irish

12. Still don’t know what you meant, other than you meant something different to what you thought you meant and actually wrote :bucktooth:

13. The EU you mean? We don’t want a border, it’s an EU problem that they have chosen to turn into a Bargaining point on an EU written agreement no?
    Erm, Yes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. The end of a process has to be an Outcome, as without one it’s pointless and futile.

A referendum is a question, which should produce an answer, but the outcome must be to carry out the actions arising from the answer to the question.

I wouldn’t want to sit on a committee with you if you think a meeting is an outcome and you expect explanations of ‘The bleedin’ obvious’, but there may be a glorious future for you as an EU Commissioner!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. May to request a delay from the EU.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. You don’t understand his logic as he doesn’t have any :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I would think the EU would have been happy to say

1) it will cost you £39 billion
    2) there is a big problem with the Irish border that needs solving wrt to the GFA
    3) what you doing about Galileo, the EMA?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Corrected for you :)

19. We are hearing a lot about the GFA and the border, but who knows what the GFA actually requires apart from devolved Government in Northern Ireland, which hasn’t sat for two years?

20. No no no

The U.K. has created the problem. The are treaties in place. If the UKs actions cause friction in these treaties it’s not the responsibility of those other institutions to solve the problems, it’s up to the U.K.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information