1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Very true, and at the risk of going off thread and opening a big can of worms, here in sunny Ireland beef & dairy farmers could not survive without the EU payments under CAP. It costs more to produce the beef & milk than they can sell it for. The fact they have to rely upon the grants to survive is ridiculous. I know not whether it’s the same in Scotland, Wales & England, but IMO the CAP is FUBAR if we have to pay people to produce, or not produce, as the case may be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think the site I linked to is official figures, perhaps not ?

But it looks like remain spent significantly more, especially tax payers money if I'm reading it right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sorry Alan, I was agreeing with you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes, I realised, I was just emphasising the point :), especially the tax bit !

• Like Like x 1
  5. both sides broke spending rules. one more than the other. but if you where coming from my angle you would see where i am going with it.
    its our own that shaft us.

6. farming takes and age to build and or restore.
    if you have to rely on others for the basics in life.... if you want to abandon rural comunities..

7. Fair enough, I will have to be honest and say I didn't see where you were going with that :)

8. On that German newspaper link I posted, two things stood out on the article from one of germany's largest investment houses

The chap made it clear with two thirds of the eu taking out more than they put in, then with one of the largest contributors walking away and taking their money with them, the pressure then falls into that remaining third.

France under Macron is trying to change who they are and become more the engine of europe like Germany, the yellow vests show the French people will not tolerate a germanic way of life being imposed on the French people. This is important because it means the largest filling of the gap will fall on Germany and the German tax payer and on that basis, at some point that will stop because they can't afford to bail out all of europe.

It was with this in mind he said it would come to a point where Germany may have to even leave the euro as a currency to protect itself from the financial crisis that would happen

The second point he raised was, the eu promotes all for one and one for all but no one is under any illusion that if you are dependent on eu money, you largely, when push comes to shove as a take out nation, say your piece then go along with the money side of the eu.

What the U.K. leaving does is upset that balance and starts to make those rely on the eu money, more likely to band together to take on those who fund the eu and largely control it. For Germany and France putting most of the money in but having less sway makes no sense no matter what their public face says.

So that was the German chaps opinion. If more of the money countries leave the eu the power putting a greater financial burden on Germany and the power ratio moves away from Germany then the eu no longer serves the purpose of Germany

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. This EU/Globalist philosophy that one-size-fits-all and that populations, cultures and traditions are all essentially interchangeable/malleable is, frankly, baffling.
    It betrays a deeply inept grasp of human nature. It's almost as if all the sociology majors behind the Project were entirely wasting their time at University.
    Perhaps they should instead have learned to code?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. except thats not strictly true with the EU.

11. Sorry boys, too busy having fun in the EU to be arguing with you all. Hopefully they won’t let me back into the UK or something and I can stay here

C66FA239-EA8A-4DF4-AD25-796095AB8068.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. You’re in Europe you nutter :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bit rich for Corbyn asking for a PM meeting today...... he's lost the plot.

14. Ant is easily confused and easily lead. We'll sort him out again when the EU kicks him out and he comes back to Great Britainland.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I do think May has lost the plot

She's saying they've had their chance to vote on alternatives so no to more votes, but wants them to keep voting on 'her' deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Let’s hope someone says no to the extension o_O:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Europeans are fuckers aren't they? first they refuse duke being a French citizen and now they closed Ducati hq knowing ant was going to turn up, the car park is empty. The eu cannot be trusted if it keeps returning such people :D:D

18. Ant will come back a changed man, a Leaver through and through. Close exposure to the EU will do that, even to the thickest-skinned amongst us. For comparison purposes, Ant has rhinoceros-thick skin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information