1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shipping forecast, yep definitely that

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. You need to call May and talk to her, she’s more likely to offer 70.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I wonder what Abbot would tell Jizza to give :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Apparently he stormed out of the cross party meeting this evening because the tig group was there :astonished:

A hundred and seventy twelve, or 4 inches

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. the end of June or the end of May

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Not on the TV :thinkingface:

7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. She's on now

9. It's ok, this chap has cleared that up just dandily.....Wtf are these weirdos smoking?

68A5D15A-A668-42E4-90AE-DFBEC921E5F0.jpeg

10. somthing along the lines of, mays a cvnt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Think about that next time your shopping and buying all the cheap stuff

12. Not surprising really if the eu are subsidizing every one

13. me.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. So to recap May's speech, and i'll paraphrase here;

'Its not me its this bunch of twats'

'My deal or No deal'

'Thank you and goodnight'

Right then, good job :upyeah:

Ok, whether you like May or not, and i suspect not in most cases, what she's said is fairly accurate (apart from the no blame at her door bit)

Lets look at what she said: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...like-trump-theresa-may-sparks-mps-brexit-fury

“Of this I am absolutely sure: you the public have had enough. You’re tired of the infighting. You’re tired of the political games and the arcane procedural rows.

“Tired of MPs talking about nothing else but Brexit, when you have real concerns about your children’s schools, our national health service, knife crime. You want this stage of the Brexit process to be over and done with. I agree. I am on your side. It is now time for MPs to decide,”

Much of that to me is pretty accurate, the HOC and MP's up and down the country have done everything they can to muddy the waters, all for different political purposes of their own.

Where this went so obviously wrong is that a remainer and a bunch of other remainers lead the initial negotiations, they agreed to the negotiation terms of the EU and thus here we are.

Had different (leave based) negotiators started talks then WTO and the planning there of would have been far more advanced than it is by now. But such is life and such is the 'arcane' system our democracy is based on. At the end of the day, you're a fool if you think the EU would have negotiated any differently unless WTO & No deal were levelled seriously from day one.

Remain MP's of all views whether 'Peoples Vote' or straight up revoke article 50 types have fuelled the situation, thats just encouraged the EU team to try to bully May et al until the final moments.

May is obviously to blame, but so is each and every other member of the HOC.

This comment here from the link above really sums it up for me

MPs said they believed May’s speech blaming her colleagues for the impasse had been counterproductive. “It might be true but you don’t bloody say it,” one former minister said.

In my opinion whoever this former minister is they absolutely epitomise everything thats wrong with politicians.

It does need to be said, because its what most sensible people in the country think of our political class.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. was it lord Raglin?...
    i'm not for taring them all with the same brush. i'm perfectly happy with the performance and approach of my lot and others have taken. the simple fact of the matter is, we aint a region of England, we dont have the same economy as England, we don't have the same issues with the EU as England.
    workable solutions where offered that would of given you your Brexit that had near full support of our Parliament but where rejected as unworkable within hours of them being offered yet they where good enough to morph in to the Irish backstop. the Blame lays Squarely at May.
    if anybody is interested in seeing the Scotland I know, its worth taking a wee look at the new politics show on the new SBBC digital channel "Debate Night, done in a QT stylie but it appears the producers are taking the criticism of bias seriously and have, so far, made a V,good attempt at balancing the audience and panelists. tho I missed it last night, some of us have to work btw, I actually find my self listening to the opposition politicians for a change as they do actually appear to have something to say worth listening to.
    unlike when QT turns up at SNP/Lab Pro Indi Pro EU hart lands only to find the audience stuffed full of tory councilors and kippers, ie, the 2%. you get a real feel for the opinion's and attitudes of up here.
    trust me, Brexit, it aint wanted and contrary to what was promised. our MP's and MSP's are respecting, and representing them with every lever they have. good on em.

#28798 finm, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I wonder if the other EU members will take the same stance as Junker.
    The deal or no extension

I know they want their deal to go through, but would have thought it fairer to say you can have an extension only if you are going to change something.

17. Did I just use the word ‘fairer’ when talking about politicians, sorry.

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information