1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I did not mention anything about chlorinated chicken

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Why?

What are you hiding?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I shall be so glad when all this shite done and dusted, and we have our own country back again, what will we watch on the news then ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We were talking about food standards, chlorinated checken was part of that, we mentioned the irish selling horse meat as beef and the polish who were selling rancid food, you then popped up with this

I gave you a list of food issues even by the eu themselves aannd you dissapeared

I'm starting to think 749er is a Irish poultry farmer :D

5. what ever the news media think is doom an gloom, duke63 talks to people and has an inside track

6. we where actually talking about the lower standards of animal husbandry used by American farmers whos costs will undercut ours. almost definitely leading to closures and job losses across the board. from farm hands to machinery suppliers.
    America and others will have more control over food supplies, unless we cut our cost considerably. which will no doubt lead to big increase in food related health and poisoning issues similar to what we see in America which is off the scale compared to the EU. but as always, noob went all spam like. but hay, more jobs for doctors and nurses. oh, hang on...
    take back control? after an influx of cheep meat, lets just see who can still control their own sphincter in the next few years.

7. Actually we were talking about chlorine in taps

Why is it when you put "facts" from some insignificant blog, it's "facts" but when I give you real facts and from the eu's own website with the full link, you describe it as spam?

let's test your maths fin because I suspect you've met Diane. You've continually said that if we go wto and free trade then it would ruin Scotland as you would have restricted access to migrant labour but Sweet old Nic this morning said that if we take the wto and free trade option, it would cost 100,000 jobs. Which one is the truth

Isn't it the truth that the model you are using is the bank of englands worse of the worst scenario's that even the bank of england says is incredibly unlikely?

From a review of that 100,000 number
    It’s important to note that the Bank isn’t forecasting what will happen – or even what is likelyto happen – but instead what might happen if certain scenarios were to come to pass. The purpose of doing so is to ‘stress-test’ the UK financial system to the worst case scenario. The Bank’s analysis is that the major UK banks are in a stronger position that pre-financial crises, and so are resilient to “worst-case Brexit outcomes”.

https://fraserofallander.org/scotti...lling-scenarios-a-negative-outcome-all-round/

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. and here was me thinking you had me on ignore. its just too easy to draw you out.

9. they generally quote from their own analysis, which funnily enough was better than the uk's worse case scenario.
    but hay, why plan for the worst when we have good ol British optimism

10. Always plan for the worst and hope for the best!

But if it can get worse it probably shall: British experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not really, You were on the naughty step, but after seeing Nick on the London march stage, I thought you'd come out with some nonsense

And as if by magic :D, the 100,000 loss of jobs is not even a reality

Her interview on Marr this morning was revealing though

12. @noobie

“Chlorine in taps” are you sure?

Don’t you mean fluoride in drinking water?

13. depends what thread he is on and who he is talking too.

14. Nope pretty sure chlorine in tap water

749er, you must try harder :D

15. The smell of bleach in your tap water is likely caused by high levels of chlorine. Small traces of chlorinein your water is not harmful. It is actually required by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) in order to disinfect water before it is distributed to homes and offices.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I've probably drunk more chlorine from swimming pools than American chickens

17. You could be confused, he might have mentioned taps in one of those super long full page rambling posts. No one reads them - do they? Besides I thought there was a new rule a week ago that ridiculous length posts are only allowed if the have a picture of a hot chick (at least one) contained within the text...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Where is your hot chick?

19. You are right, I don’t read his big long posts. I usually find something factually incorrect by sentence 3 at the latest

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Missing out just enough so you can claim ignorance is hardly bright but then given your hard border/gfa analysis, it's hardly surprising

Tell me chap
    Who will make the phone call to the contractors to build a hard border on the irish side?
    who will sign a contract with the company for that hard border on the irish side
    Who when built, will monitor and man the hard border on the irish side
    and who will pay for that hard border, the mexicans?

Might help?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-really-refuse-to-build-a-border-after-brexit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information