1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I think a very long [Permanent?] extension is more likely as that avoids confronting the dilemma that there isn’t really a compromise between ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’ of only half leaving. Until they actually commit to an action they can keep both sides hopeful and [Relatively] “happy”!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. It should make for an interesting next General Election!

3. Can't see them simply revoking article 50 but a second vote and an extension are getting more likely now imho.
    Ie passing the buck back to the electorate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Be interesting if we had a second vote and the result is still leave
    If we decide to stay the Brexiters will demand a third vote

5. Politicians are more stupid than I thought it they want a GE

I can't think of any worth voting for, surely Corbyn can't think he has a chance of winning one ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. They can’t wait longer than 5th May 2022, but it could be a lot sooner if the Cabinet insist on replacing TM as PM. She’s already gone on record that she won’t lead the Conservatives into the next election.

7. It’s like the principle of a school asking the children if they’d like the rest of the year off, yeah, all the kids get excited and can’t wait for term to end, then slowly the realisation of of their childish actions come home to roost.
    The principal was wrong at beginning for suggesting such futilely.

Makes for great debate though!

#29188 Carr01, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  8. I can see a GE on the cards if they go for a long extension: fresh mandate from the people to do something/anything?

9. A second referendum will probably have the options of ‘revoke article 50’ or ‘leave with this really shit deal’

I’d be surprised if leave with no deal was an option.

10. Oh my!

: o D

11. The idea that MPs are in place to fulfill the 'will of the people' is nonsense even though the Brexitards keep repeating it. Its never been true.

You elect your MP based on his views and those of his rivals in any election. If you don't like his views then don't vote for him. He/She isn't there to do what you want.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  12. The referendum asked the voters if we wanted to stay or leave the EU can't remember there being a option of leave if the deal is good or stay if the deal is bad
    I believe the public is generally pissed off with Brexit and have lost interest in the subject and just want to get on with there lives
    A GE would just be another fcuk about who of the present lame brain twats could form a credible government
    God we need some decent statesmen if Thatcher was PM there wouldn't be the decent in the Tory ranks

13. What are they there for then ?

14. Delusion Alan, the man is deluded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I suspect you meant dissent TT but it appears your phone is aware of the situation and entered decent instead, ie there isn’t anyone decent enough in the Tory ranks ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. did you mean
    dissent in the ranks ?
    or
    No one decent in the ranks ?
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. To run the Country.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  18. Why bother having GE’s then ?

I thought the idea was you voted for the party who promised to do what you thought was best for the country. If they’re not going to do that why vote.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Ain't that the truth

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information