1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Switzerland has signed up to freedom of movement as has Norway. Farage gave both countries as examples of what the U.K. could be like whilst at the same time saying we needed to control our borders

• Like Like x 1
  2. We could have been the fourth largest economy in the world but for our membership of the EU ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I see.

Thanks for confirming that Switzerland is in the EU. I had heard others denying that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. They are not in the EU, but you know that

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Define "in". I'll wait.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Well yes. It has been said that Norway gets its EU Directives by Fax

7. This is the thing with most of fins stuff, it constantly hides actual numbers in favour of exagerative and missleading percentages. Example, 33% of panasonic headquarters staff are moving to Amsterdam sounds dramatic till you find out there was only 10 staff here and 3 are going to Amsterdam. You'll find many of these nuances in reports such as the one offered by fin.

8. Yes, you were saying, because of their leave due to the referendum policy.
    Labour said the same.
    Lib Dem’s said they would remain.

So, if people had decided they’d rather the U.K. remained in the EU, why didn’t the Lib Dem’s win ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's been a while since I took Geography at school. Is Norway another name for Switzerland? If it is, I assume you conceded my point. If not, I will assume you dodged it.

Wait.
    "Fax"? What is wrong with you? Are you old?

10. @Exige oh well, yet another monumental feck to attribute to Thatcher

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. he won't see it, best send a message to his pager

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It was a saying from a long time ago. I am not too well versed on the differences between the relationship that Norway and Switzerland have with the EU. I just know that they both are signed up to freedom of movement. The Swiss are talking about having a referendum to abandon that though

And yes, I am old

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Good point, but if they were that concerned that staying in the EU was the most important thing for the U.K. they would have voted Lib Dem surely :)
    (Like the 6million or so that have signed the revoke article 50 petition or the 0.6 million that marched Saturday for a people’s vote)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. So ... just a stroll through Logic Park, if you don't mind. Shouldn't take much of your time.

Scenario 1: One of the defining characteristics of the EU is open trade borders within the EU. Another one would be, freedom of movement. Core values.

Scenario 2: Trade agreements determine the terms of trade - surprisingly enough. For instance, Tariffs, customs arrangements and such. Trade shit.

Which of the above scenarios most exactly matches the extent of the nature of the relationship between Switzerland and the EU (and Norway and the EU)?

: o /

I do hope that nothing in Logic Park frightened you. It can be an unsettling place for newcomers.

15. Oooo a logic question, I like those, see if anyone can guess the answer to these two claims

(1) Any brexit restriction on migrants will leave Scotchland struggling to bring in the migrant workforce Scottish business needs
    (2) Any brexit restriction on migrants will see 100,000 Scotchland people unemployed

What do you think the answer is? :D

16. I amnt here to describe other countries relationships with the EU.

It’s a fact that neither are full members of the EU and it’s a fact both have close relationships with the EU.

Should you wish to characterise them as being members then fill your boots, but legally they are not

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. The answer is, if you can’t get staff your business folds.

100,000 people working in businesses which are understaffed, customer service suffers or can’t generate enough turnover to cover the overheads both result in business closure through either customers going elsewhere or lack of profit.

Anything else?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Then you have read the emotive and not the actual. The need for additional migrant staff was for the expansion of Scottish industry and NOT the maintenance of, your welcome

19. No, I was joining the dots for you

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Nope, you were trying to look smart but it backfired. Next time, read the article, you're still welcome :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information