1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Strictly speaking, what Bercow has said is correct however the extension dates offered by the EU are not an EU law and therefore, when playing trumps, would lose. Govt needs to do something pronto to change the date from the 29/3 - or, being cynical, perhaps they don’t & won’t; perhaps that was part of the plan all along to get the ERG, DUP & others to vote aye for the WA at MV3.

I noticed on the news last night (BBC so it must be accurate) that MPs having taken control of the HoC order of what will be debate are going to discuss various options re Brexit all day today (Wed), all day tomorrow and if needs be into next week. Do they not know what’s going on? Someone needs to point out to them they only have until midnight Friday at present.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

2. Had a quick read, looks good and a bit of humour too. Bookmarked that.

I did like the voting slip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Listening to politicians talk and watching the news at the moment you could easily think the U.K. is currently in a right mess.
    Parliament is, but, as far as I am aware, the rest of the U.K. are ‘getting on with life’

Makes me wonder if we need parliament at all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anarchy in the uk?.
    you don't need the one we have got. other options are available.

5. If we didn't have Parliament we would be Russia or even worse America we would have one twat running the Circus instead of 300 clowns running the show

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. What are our options ?

7. Rees-Smegg has now changed his mind and will vote for May's deal. :joy::joy::joy:

Another two faced prick. Be in no doubt all these cnuts are in it for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Doesn’t the US have the senate, Congress and the state of representatives ?
    I know sod all about Russia really, I have to admit.

9. PR would be a good start, more devolution of powers, including the regions of England starting down that path. genuine reform of the second chamber.
    the civil service being based in the countries that pay for them and justice being seen to be done when MP's start taking the piss.

• Like Like x 1
  10. At one time it was the job of the opposition party to keep the majority government in check. 2 problems. Conservatives do not have a clear majority. Corbyn.
    Feking ERG are a bunch of loons. GreaseSmog will now vote for Mays deal as he can see his power grab slipping away. Fek people, voters, brexiteers, remainers. Smog and Boris are voting for themselves.

11. All sound ok to me, I don’t know how we would go about making any of that happen though.

I did think about starting a petition to cut the MPs pay based on their recent performance - would that be a start ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. We've decided to move to France we have a holiday home in Normandy and living there full time is looking pretty inviting
    The UK is knackered time to move out and leave it to the do-gooders, chancers, illegal immegrants and politicians

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. nah, pay peanuts, get monkeys. tho it would deffo make us feel a lil better in the short term at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Perhaps that’s a different discussion.

How many do it just because it’s good money ?

I’d feel better if they were on minimum wage :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I watched this interview yesterday and it was interesting that Iceland had such a high opinion of the U.K. and said would welcome the U.K. into the eea as such an international recognised country would boost their organisation

16. I dont like it, but you might be right. Its hard for many of us to accept that maybe the money needs to go up, not down. It is a lot of money to must of us, but look at top jobs and pay for a real comparison. The quality of many in Government is questionable. Real talent will be going to higher paid jobs, with better prospects, less contempt from the public.

This pay increase could be countered by reducing numbers.

Second jobs (journalism..) and vested interests need to be looked at as well. Got the feeling we have many politicians at the moment esp. the ERG lot that are not playing the game and being true to the shirt they are supposed to be wearing!

• Like Like x 2
  17. I see what you mean.

In the real world though a person earning top money at the top of a company / business has proved themselves first ?

Edit.
    Also would a top businessperson ( politically correct :)) have a second job, is that normal ?

18. We've already got monkeys. These monkeys are selected by other monkeys I dont buy into the more money gets better candidates theory, this is just a rationale to big up pay for well connected monkeys.

TB

• Like Like x 1
  19. Some maybe, depends on the level of input. I would say though that front benchers should be full time. No second jobs allowed.
    Having watched a fair number of the recent votes and debates in parliament over the last few months, 'certain' people have been nowhere to be seen. Too busy scheming for their own benefits behind the scenes to take part.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information