1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Well, that hits on two other problems:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. There’s certainly some that only seem to pop out of the woodwork at opportune moments.

I think they should start on a much lower salary, not be allowed other jobs and get pay rises depending on how well they do.

Perhaps the people could vote on their pay rises :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. In a simple attempt to put this into plain English.
    1. The European Union Withdrawal Act 2018 states that Exit Day is 11.00pm 29th March.
    2. It further states the Exit Day can be amended by a Minister putting a Statutory Instrument before Parliament which changes the date.
    3. Cash, and his compatriots, argument is that its a Treaty which governs our relationship with the EU and as such can only be changed by Royal Prerogative i.e. by the Queen. However, she devolves her Prerogative to the Govt, provided Parliament is in agreement with the Govt's use of the Prerogative. Therefore it is Cash's argument the Govt has to get the consent of Parliament to change the Exit Day as this is in effect changing a Treaty. i.e.Govt has to table a motion and have a debate and vote on agreeing to change Exit Day to 12th April, Govt can't do it unilaterally.

No point being made here by me, this is an information only post. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. When you say "people", you mean of course people who aren't them?

5. Definitely, bizarre how they all like to turn up and vote themselves a nice big pay rise.

6. There has already been a Parliamentary debate and vote on extending the deadline, to 12 April. That got didded.

7. I do much the same in my job, but inexplicably, my salary doesn't thereby go up. Weird.

8. I thought you must be retired!! how wrong can I be, so someone actually pays you to post on here all day!! does finm work for the same company? although in the Scottish division. :eyes: :bucktooth:
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I see you’ve finally retired then Steve?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. some donate their pay rises to charity

11. i'm on a different pay scale and in different department.
    loz is payed to discredit the EU and promote america, i'm posting to deffend my lifestyle and wage. tell you what tho, its quite scary how much i can earn if i knuckle down and ignore arguing with stupid during the day over the last month or two.
    two local workshops have gone down due to staff shortages in the last three months here, so i is pumping in the hours.
    6 figures. (how rude).

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Gees a job - I'm getting fed up with scabbling on the gravel driveway sorting 10+ year old cars for nowt... :D

13. are you a mechanic?

14. Well make a Tory of him yet.....:blush::eyes:
    Q. is that including the decimal point and pence?
    Q Is that per month?... £100,000.... that's six figures

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nah, just a fiddler - never liked paying dealer prices so have done most of it myself since about '86, but now I'm keeping my daughters 10 year old Qashqai going as well as my car with no garage :D trolley jacks and gravel aren't the best of bedfellows....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. pity. i am looking. i would also consider part trained yesser/remainer/receptionist/mechanic.

#29336 finm, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. WHAT?!?! Changing your mind?!?!? We can't be having any of that! It's totally undemocratic!

I am looking forward to the "ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" and "TRAITOR!" headlines in the Daily Heil...

...but I'm not going to hold my breath :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. If I ever get to retire I'll give you a shout ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. coolio, pay's shit tho, theres no money in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Indeed, but it would be therapeutic for me (no time to do jobs in the house.....) :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information