1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. There’s some good ideas too.

We should form a party and get elected.
    :)

2. Do we think Treason May goes to Charlie parties in the HoC?

As long as she has a big bag and first go on Black Rods implement I expect she is a happy camper

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There’s a fairly large shed in Twickenham too which could suit? 82,000 seats and a bar. No roof though.

It could be politically advantageous to move out of London to the rural wastelands though, so long as it’s not too far away that you can’t nip back for a decent meal.

That’s why I think Milton Keynes would be ideal, even if it is grim up there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fucking horrible pretend meat

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gordon Goat!

How is it you don't understand? Norway and Switzerland are not EU members. They are not EU countries.

They are in the EU!

I'll try a metaphor.

Say 749er is standing there, up to his neck, in a pile of cute Labrador puppies. 749er is not a cute Labrador puppy - he is in a pile of cute Labrador puppies.

Please tell me you are getting it, at last. It doesn't have to be puppies, you know - it could be a pile of presents that cute Labrador puppies leave behind them. Don't make me bust out the puppy presents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I have no idea what you are talking about

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I get that!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. What’s your definition of being “in the EU”

Do you mean, in every way bar actually being a member?

Do you mean being geographically surrounded?

Am just going on the strict legal definition

9. OK.

Seriously. For the purposes of this specific point only: if a good deal of your legislation, your sovereignty, is ceded to the EU, under the control of the EU, dependent upon the EU ... it matters not one jot whether or not you have voting rights in the EU.
    You are in the EU, in part. If you are in the EU in part ... guess what? You are in the EU. Ta-da!

If you are standing on the beach and the water is up to your ankles, you are standing in the sea. The fact that the water isn't over your head does not mean you are not in the sea. You see?

Are we there yet?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was needed. People should be able to discuss and disagree in good humour:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. What difference does a strict legal definition make? We aren't talking in a court of law, we are talking effect.

If you are in the Schengen Area, you are in the EU. That fact that you do not have voting rights does not mean you don't have freedom of movement. You have freedom of movement. The EU has freedom of movement. You are in the EU, whether you want to call it that or not. Maybe not all the way, but you are in.

Legal definitions are for lawyers. (Not you, Paul, you're cool.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. You don't get to tell me what to do!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I was there days ago when I said Norway got its EU directives by fax

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hey eu !
    Yes switzerland?
    I'm not in the eu, am I?
    Do you think you are switzerland?
    no fucking way, we are swiss and free of the eu
    Good lad, I'll send you your updated instructions on how to live in a few days
    see chaps, I told you we are not in the eu

#29415 noobie, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  15. May stepping down once the deal is through.

16. A new Bank Holiday is provisonally been pencilled in for late spring (not in Northern Ireland). Its is thought to be named as End of May in May, Day

There will be a (expensive) permit required for all street parties celebrating this event with proceedes going to Mays crowd fund page/ Pickfords removals. Whoooooo Hooooo the witch is almost gone!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. She only has to stay there long enough to tie us indefinitely to the eu which has always been her goal since creating the Chequers deal that the eu told her submit

18. The way it's going, revoke is a strong possibility.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Spot on Loz, spot on:upyeah: IMO this is exactly what's happening, there's the legal technicalities and then there's 'shite, we're bolixed, what can we get away with?' All cool here mate :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information