1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aye, i get it. its can be quite cringworthy watching on at times.

2. Happy Brexit Day!

:joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Thank you Dave, though it appears to still be August 2017 on your linked websight?

4. Happy Times!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 29th March 2019.
    Brexit Day achievement checklist:

Free trade area massively larger than the EU ❌
    Easiest deal in history ❌
    40 trade deals ❌
    Taking back control ❌
    Strong global Britain ❌
    Sunlit uplands ❌
    International laughing stock ✔️
    Unparalleled nation of catastrofuck ✔️

Congratulations!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. So way back when the government had decided that they could choose to do as they pleased and call it Brexit. Then Gina appeared, councilled in no small way be Keir Starmer. The government were duly overruled. And so the WA & Future Declaration were made as a way to define the governments actions and in order for them to proceed, a meaningful vote would have to pass in the House of Commons.

On her political deathbed, May announces that the WA is not part of the Future Declaration at all anymore- even though it always has been, and declared to be by her on many occasions. Once the WA has passed through with a majority, the government/ PM of the day will be free to make their own decisions, without a majority vote in parliament.

Now should al MPs trust Mays future sucessor to do whatever they like or should they vote the WA down thus retaining a say in the countrys future?

. BIKEgirl.jpg

Leavers might hope that Bojo will become PM and he will give them effectively "no deal" through failed negotiations... But Littington could get in and do the opposite. If a GE is held, and LAB win or form a coalition, Brexit would become softer than Marshmallow

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Yip, that’s the remainders contribution :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. That would suit our forum fluffiest, a fooked country while they relax in thier cheap EU retirement homes, lovely people one and all - showing thier true colours, a fat yellow streak all the way through thier selfishness.

Thanks for listening :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Whilst boris seems to be the favourite of those mentioned, of all of those mentioned, not one is raising above 25% as a candidate. A soft brexit would have severe outcomes for mp's who stopped us leaving the control of the eu at any future election.

Labours issues are two fold, over 60% of their constituencies voted to leave the control and process's of the eu and as we have seen throughout the last few years, their leader is at odds with his party.

10. Retirement homes, flag with a fat yellow stripe down the middle, that’ll be Spain then..!

11. It is interesting to consider who will be making those decisions, But first its whether anyone would reccomend trusting someone currently unknown to have those powers - on either side of the discussion?

12. Sounds good tbh :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Although it's unlikely to pass today, the separation of the leaving bill and the future arrangement, worries the eu and labour as it means mp's would have no legal ability to shape the future relationship but it would be solely at a newly elected brexiteer prime minister led government

My money is on the eu helping us out but not in the way you think.

The eu project has all along, had one wish, to protect the project by punishing the U.K. for leaving and for 2 and a half years. The last year it's been obvious that has been working with the aid of the remain based mp's in the house.

However, I think that has backfired. They hoped we would have crawled back to them well before the eu elections and now many of the eu countries who believe in the project more than others, see a contagion of brexit having a negative impact within their own countries and possible future political futures.

It may just be that our bite the bullet and get on with it moment, is more likely to be provided by the eu refusing continual extensions, than our own remaining parliament who has sought to trample the majority democratic peoples vote since day one

#29653 noobie, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I’m expecting a request for a High Court review on Monday, to determine whether we did in law leave tonight?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Us remainiacs voted for the status quo, so this certainly wouldn't have happened if Remain had won; that's just pure logic.

You fail to see that you voted for the biggest change of this country's future to be placed in the hands of a bunch of incompetent fuckwits of the highest order, caring only for their own careers, regardless of the way that their constituents or they themselves voted.

So once again, congratulations!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Flawed log though as he's saying it's the remain contribution of 'toys out of pram' which only serves to hamper negotiations by people who feel they have to pander to both sides. There is graciousness to be had in defeat you know, that would have been the classier move.

The rest of your comment I agree with though

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Erm - you lost, get over it like you should have done 2.5 years ago and there certainly was no status quo going on so no you did not vote for status quo - you voted for the EU taking over and reaming us for years to come - silly boy :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 286:344

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Never has so much been owed to so many buy so few and they said fook you o_O:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. It's very easy to get wound up on the day of the event but we do know is that things change daily. I'm still hopeful to leave the mess the europhiles have created and have a clean brexit as was voted for :D.

No longer extensions now so what next, given the only word the house knows is NO, whilst claiming to represent a country that said YES ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information