1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aye, its not a bad site, tho opinion heavy. Robin McAlpine is a cleaver cookie but a lil to left for me on some issues. but like I said, opinion heavy. no debunking of the facts and nothing on the bigots on parade. you need to distance yourself more from these ass wipes

#29741 finm, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. In regards to brexit, Many citied that the eu commission and controlling body was not listening to the people

The people of the U.K. used the eu's own legal right to question if we should still belong to it
    The people of the U.K. used our own democracy and legal systems to decide our future
    We gained a clear legal peoples majority and the house of commons continues to try and over ride that vote.
    It's clear there is a disconnect between politicians and the people of the country

At what point does anyone think that this will increase the trust in politicians and politics and at what point do politicians think this will reduce populism and bring a country back together?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Only if I need to hold out a bit longer, the danger is could just lose interest completely.
    Permanent Disk Error...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do you mean all 68 of Farages marchers (the robber charged them £50quid he really should be a Tory) turned up with that uncouth yob who is frequently arrested outside the HofC?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Trying to pretend this is a joke isn’t working for me

• Agree Agree x 1

6. The U.K. government were coerced into giving NI an extra £1.5billion to gain its support

The DUP was founded by Ian Paisley who is credited with whipping many an impressionable young man into murdering innocent Catholics

The bigoted organisation that is the DUP holds the balance of power in the UK

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....aramilitaries-peace-process-a7782631.html?amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....military-connection-that-still-haunts-the-dup

And here is Peter Robinson MP

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Crap x 1
    • Nuke Post x 1
  7. Everyone that I personally know who voted leave is a decent human being and they did so for their own valid reasons.

@finm advice is good advice.

Distance yourselves from the bigots

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ok so a weekly recap:

DUP = Bad
    Labour = Bad
    Tories = Bad
    SNP = Indi
    White People Marching for Brexit = Bad
    White People Marching against Brexit = Good
    White People Congregating In Large Groups = Bad & Good
    The EU = Bad
    Europeans = Good
    Libel = Bad
    Long Post Copy and Pastes = Bad
    Long Posts with embedded images of pretty ladies = Good
    Politician's in General = Bad
    No Deal = Bad
    No Deal = Good

0D2C04FE-92AD-4BCE-811D-B5B1EF4A0220.jpeg

Yep, that about covers it :upyeah:

#29749 damodici, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. The end of the world is nigh.

Well, in several hundreds of years time.

And they will still be sodding about with Brexit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Libel = Bad

• Like Like x 1
  11. For the first time in history, the UK will probably see the end of May before the end of April

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Pfft. In less than fifty years it will be a punishable offence to even discuss leaving the EU.

My guess is twenty-five years.

13. you can muse over this while I am working.
    [​IMG]

14. There is definitely a softening of anti-No Deal rhetoric on Sly,and a little bit of fair reporting on the BBC this morning.
    Sly presenter asked two young media type guests whether WTO/No Deal delivered the Brexit referendum result.Both agreed it did,and that May had screwed up by failing to seriously prepare for it.
    And that the EU had screwed us over as a result.
    Even the BBC are reporting the pro-Brexit demo in a reasonable way.
    I detect the slight whiff of acceptance in the media,an almost imperceptible shrug of the shoulders that maybe,just maybe,they realise that the end game might be WTO after all.
    The court case ref. the legality of the Article 50 extension is due to be heard on Monday too as I understand it: the eternal optimist/cynic in me wonders whether the government realises the game is up and has briefed the media to soften the tone,and some rags are now reporting that cabinet members are urging her to accept WTO.
    You never know chaps,some of us might well be celebrating yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Damn it, forgot that one.

Added

16. Pfft. In less than fifty years it will be a punishable offence to even discuss leaving the EU.

My guess is twenty-five years.
    depends. give it another 5-10 years of blukip, the normalization of the "banter" wont be seen as offensive a tall.

17. "Here we go,here we go,here we go":
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. I’m off to put a bet on that “wide ranging” and “all encompassing” statement :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Grieve would be an excellent pelt. A good way of indicating to the Establishment that the People are actually more than a little miffed.

Quick check: Remainders, where are we on over-turning a democratic vote, the largest one in UK history?
    We still fine with that, or are you all starting to wonder whether the cost to the UK in the long term might be too high?

Genuinely interested.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information