1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I didn't give it a second thought until the referendum - you can see my history on here too. I made my mind up when Cameron got Obama to bully us during his remain campaign - and subsequently seeing what the EU council is made up of it quite horrified me - our MP's are bellow average intelligence for sure an really quite useless as a whole but the leaders of the EU council are just horrible people to the core. I discussed with an Irish MEP in the pub one night about 2 yeas ago (mates wife) she said we were stupid for voting out, when I asked why she said cause they would get all the fucking immigrants now that's why - she was angry, and serious o_O
    Immigration was not an issue for me btw (if female and foxy) but I see the advantage of it being controlled.
    My wife (estranged) is Czech and therefore my youngest daughter is half Czech and lives there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sorry? YouGov successfully predicted the result of the EU Ref and the 2016 US Pres Election?

3. I guess we are all to blame for this mess
    When we let Maggie destroy the unions (the only real check on politicians the people had)
    We sold our our country and all that it had for what ?
    Cheap TVs and washing machines,endless debt.
    Country filled with immigrants, national pride frowned upon
    I’m very sad that all I’m leaving my Children is a future run by by the people my grandfather fought to stop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm fairly sure that they had it to within 2% either way, with a +/- 3. I am looking for an old page but the nearest date I can find is Oct 6th when it was Clinton ahead by 3.2% so yeah close.

5. Unions are a difficult one for me... I get it, I really do. I've seen the bullying by management. Nowadays though, the only real life effect of unions I see are keeping incompetent people in their jobs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Are the Unions then useless like insurance?

7. It’s not really that different than management and the government keeping incompetent asses in jobs

8. The unions are very good, but for the few, not the many.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Like insurance. I've never claimed once on any policy ever.

10. I think the unions is similar to the Eu.

Unions did a lot of good years ago for workers and basically ran out of useful things to do then got power mad.

The Eu has done good ( free trade / movement of people) but wants to do more ( power mad ?)

I don’t think the 700 odd MEPs and commissioners et al are needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I don't think people woke up one morning and thought oooo a referendum I think I'll vote leave.

I think that the drip feed of anomalies and stupid decisions over 40 Years gave people a chance to say how fucked off they are with the EU, and guess what most people don't like the EU.

The problem is now that government didnt expected this answer and are now struggling to implement it in a remainder kind of way.

TB

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Currently our own politicians are making Mr V Putin look honest and credible, did I see that coming?

Nyet! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. There are bound to be variations from person to person but there is some research available. The graph info will not be pinpoint accurate but it probably gives a fair indication of when the Brexit issue began to be important to most people.

The government certainly did not plan on any answer but Remain, but unfortunately the referendum result is far from clear cut.

In anycase with the result being so close it is difficult to have a clear policy which will satisfy a large enough percentage of the public as to be fully accepted. The delays and crap performance by the government have made that even worse.

brexit who cares.jpg

14. Personally I hope revoke wins, for no other reason than to show the honesty that the house of commons hates democratic majority peoples votes and is prepared to walk all over democracy

The two in the middle, shows the mp's would rather accept a deal that is worse than we have, just to win and mp's get their own way

The other is a second vote which again, beyond brexit, creates all kinds of problems from this point forward for ANY party that is in government

Thankfully they are still all just advisory and if there are no winners, then they should not be able to raise them again in the same format as Bercow has raised the precedent on that practice already and in recent days

• Like Like x 1
  15. In what way do you mean the referendum result is far from clear cut ?

16. Erm, we had an in or out referendum - to decide which way to go remember :thinkingface:

How clear would this be deemed in an election? The bottom figures show where it went wrong - egging the remainers on to ignore the vote for the last 2.5 years :bucktooth:

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 06.39.15.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I have just shown how clear cut it was :blush:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. The Noes have it, for all four options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. First 4 all defeated again :)

20. daft fuckers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information