1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. It does, little man syndrome, and he doesn’t have friends to lift him back up the step into his workshop like you do :kissing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wee Ginger Dug :thinkingface:

3. aye, but who is gonna lift you out the hole, your digging for yourselves. exe?.

4. .
    its got a Scottish remainors perspective aye.

5. miserable fukka then? :D

6. obviously

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I’m stood on a mountain, mole hill boy :bucktooth:

8. Those dales ain’t real mountains boy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  10. Perhaps it will take something like that to make anything happen.
    A long extension and parliament could well make Wednesdays indicative vote day for years to come.

11. Well I’m going to be honest.

Embarrassing but I didn’t recognise my local MP (Bernard Jenkins) in that clip, happier knowing I’ve never voted for him though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The thought of a second referendum, when we already know everything we need to know to enact the first one and Leave on WTO terms, is repellent to me. It represents a sickening failure of democracy and points to a far deeper sickness in our political establishment. Furthermore, what guarantee is there that the political elite will pay any more attention to this new one?

The point is moot though - the corrupt political elite will not put damo's sensible choice to the ballot. Any further referendums will not have Leave on the ballot, it will be choices between on specie of Remain or another.

And worst of all - if a WTO Exit did find its way onto the ballot and the electorate voted for it - would all the votes be counted? The UK has proved itself entirely vulnerable to Banana Republic Syndrome already ... fudging ballot results is no longer the stretch of imagination it once was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Agree, I don't think anyone can think of a 'deal' that will unite the country.

A Labour MP was on the radio this morning saying now Corbyn is meeting with May he must stick to Labour policy and insist on a 'peoples vote' (Haven't checked to see if that is their policy).

14. Labour policy changed three times whilst I read your post, Alan.

Labour policy is "whizzy", I'll say that for it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Blimey, you read fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. "The Conservative Party took full ownership of Brexit, and this faux Prime Minister said on no less than 100 occasions in the House of Commons that SHE would deliver Brexit on 29th March. She nailed her party to the cross and now they will pay the price for her deceit...

Conservative grassroots support has been ebbing away, since the Chequers confidence trick was revealed. Even then, many true conservatives hung on, in the vain hope that the Conservative hierarchy would see sense and steer this Party back on track. There can be nothing left for them to hang onto now, nothing except an abomination left in the place where a great Party once sat...

Theresa May has decided that, instead of delivering UK from the control of Brussels, she will simply place UK under their control, with no say in future direction at all. We become simple rule-takers, and we continue to hand our money to Brussels corruption, as it heads towards a doomed Superstate.

There can no longer be any pretence about this faux Prime Minister. She is simply the Manchurian Candidate we all feared, held back from any real campaigning in the 2016 EU Referendum, annointed leader in a sham leadership contest, then unleashed on an unwitting electorate in a torrent of lies and deceit.

That deceit has finally been revealed, but it’s now too late for the Conservative Party. A great history of all that is good about our nation, now resigned to a figure of hate. A party now despised by even the grassroots of true conservatism, who are now left politically homeless, whilst a Momentum-led Marxist rabble are handed the keys to our nation, to ensure we never again raise the spectre of a free UK.

What price this betrayal of nation? What price the end of UK democracy?"

http://www.dailyglobe.co.uk/comment...E7VrHNPl_Pr0afqh9gG9_1oyqVFVhkkviSEGVWf5lKDbw

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I have this image of the British lion being led chained, to be castrated. All the other animals are laughing especially the french hyena.

May will go down as perhaps the worst PM in history.

18. You need to have a look up of the word 'bigot'. You might be surprised by what you find.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  19. Why?
    The question is serious.
    The question is aimed at any and all Remainers not just you Fin, you’re just tagged in it as you posted it.
    This is all one hears from the Remainers but why will things pan out this way?
    I voted to remain back in 2016, on economical grounds, although I did have serious misgivings about the federalisation of Europe and the ever growing loss of sovereignty but I thought it better to be in the tent pissing out than the other way round. However, over the past 3 years the scales have fallen away from my eyes and I now see the EU in its true colours.
    So why?
    Why would there be massive job losses?
    Why would there be no food or medicines available?
    Why would the economy tank and there be a recession for 10 years or so?
    Why would things be so bad?

• Like Like x 4
  20. bigot
    /ˈbɪɡət/
    noun
    1. a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

I’d say some of both leave and remain are.
      Personally I’d say remainers are worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information