1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stop worrying, the chlorine will destroy any nastiness in the chicken. Besides, I've eaten many a questionable animal on the way home after a night out.

Burger sauce hides a multitude of sins

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. i aint worried, i dont own a farm, i am also religious about voting with my wallet

3. Being Scottish then that should make you an atheist :D

4. Today on my plate I have chlorine rinsed chicken from the states with a side of mixed salad from the eu which is also chlorine washed.

Truly, I am an internationalist :D

5. wrong way round. noob. it makes me the fuckin messiah.
    if its got a jack, put it back

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thats only if you eat in Salisbury.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You've a sick sex life. .... burger sauce you say........ Emma (wife)....

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Europe is culturally too diverse, economically too diverse, and with too much history, mostly bad, for there to be a workable unified Federation of the countries; maybe in another 50+ years time but not today. Additionally, the loss of sovereignty is an issue for many in most EU member states, pushing further down that road will only exacerbate those divisions. IMO, one of the main issues with the EU is the concentration of power in the hands of unelected, unaccountable, technocrats, that is not democracy, as we are witnessing at this very moment.

It's true, the size and power of other global players is a concern and as a trading bloc the EU was, and still is, a good idea. Unfortunately it has moved significantly away from just that and no I don't expect the same benefits of being in a club once out of it, but I'm questioning those benefits. Are they really worth it?

No-one knows what any import/export tariffs will be in the event of a no-deal Brexit other than those set out by the WTO. It is perhaps wrongful to assume, for e.g, that Germany will permit a massive EU importation tariff to be applied to UK manufactured car engines (I'm thinking BMW here) which then get put into cars in another EU state. The pan-european and global supply chains of companies are so convoluted these days that an increase in importation duty on a UK made widget will have a knock effect somewhere else in that company's EU supply chain and cost base. Also, the businesses you are thinking of may be a lot of the 'main' UK businesses but for every EU headquartered business operating in the UK I'd wager there are 100 or even 1000+ that aren't who's combined export value, all over the world, is significantly greater. The large pan-europeans companies are the one that make the most noise because they have the biggest PR pockets and are household names that are then picked up by the MSM and thus the story becomes 'all' businesses are up in arms.

Eye candy alert.:)

eyecandy.jpg

I don't know this for a fact but my instinct says a lot of the £9bn in 'assets' are intangible assets - financial assets, moved out of the UK to Dublin/Paris/Frankfurt as an insurance for ease of trading post Brexit. Hard, tangible assets will not have been moved to that degree, physically they can't. Admittedly future investment decisions have been put on hold which is understandable as no-one likes uncertainty and the current Parliament, in their entirety, are responsible for that. Businesses started to plan post the referendum for a Brexit, no, no-one knows whether there will or won't be one.

I agree with pretty much everything else you wrote, especially that the money going to the EU at present ought, post Brexit, be used to fill the funding gap for the money coming from the EU to the UK plus a surplus (as the UK is a net giver) which ought to be used for things like the NHS, but will it? Post Junkers statement this afternoon it looks like the EU still expects the UK to cough up £39bn even if its a no-deal Brexit.

More eye candy.
    MAIN-Kylie-Minogue.jpg

By the way, IIRC from an earlier post, you import goods from the EU, so how what effect do you anticipate Brexit to have on your business?

#30528 West Cork Paul, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. A well structured post. :upyeah:

Long, but with at least two eye candy references it was far easier to digest.

Bravo sir :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. That people can doubt this to be true is, frankly, preposterous.

It has been proved, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that a referendum with Remain and WTO Exit on the ballot paper would result in the UK leaving the EU cleanly.

Proved???? How?

Ask the MayBot if she is in favour of a referendum.

There you go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. i thought we where all agreed her goal was to save the tory party.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The interesting thing with the yvette cooper banning no deal proposal, is that they pushed it through three readings of the bill within 4 hours last night and passed it by one vote, so it now goes to the house of lords.

I can't recall the last time they did that and given how many of those same remainers in the house said a majority of 1.3 million meant the vote was too close and should be seen as 50/50, it does make you wonder how they are comfortable with a majority of 1.

The lords which is even more pro eu, is likely to rush it through in an unprecented time as the house of commons just has just to make sure that the only legal matching option for leave, is removed.

The rush is on before the 12th and I suspect many dubious and questioned later events will be happening before then.

i thought we where all agreed her goal was to save the tory party.

I don't think she is fin, the minute she said all she is after getting is the leaving arrangement done then she will resign, that is all that is in her head no matter what the cost.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. 50 years before we start working together may well be too late to save much of the Planet for habitation if we carry on destroying it at the rate we are now.

Once parts of the World become inhabitable there will inevitably be conflict over those parts that still are.

Still who gives a fuck about the future, eh?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. Drinking the Kool-Aid?

Someone swims in it on a daily basis : o D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Samaritans would miss you duke

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Or just maybe he is one who does actually know what he is talking about...unlike the cunts in the ERG.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information