1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thought exercise time!

You are the PM and you want to overturn a democratic decision which was promised to be honoured - furthermore, you were elected to Parliament on that very same promise. The promise was to honour the result of the EU Referendum in 2016.

Which strategy has the better chance of working?

1. Working smoothly, efficiently, directly and without fuss, to the point of announcing to the country, "We aren't leaving the EU!".

2. Creating crisis after crisis, lurching from one clusterfuck to the next, resignation after resignation, demonstrating an apparent unfitness-to-lead, presenting drama after drama ... until the electorate despair of any form of resolution, and are simply longing for an end to the endless process?

Is there any doubt at all in anyone's mind that the MayBot is working to ensure that the UK remains in the EU, or as worst-case (for her), is engineering an "Exit" that guarantees a quick return to "the fold"? Anyone?

If you accept that May works towards Remain, what tactic should she have followed to ensure that result?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2

No

A simple speech saying 'We can't leave because of (insert horror story here)'

3. We have a house of commons that overwhelmingly thinks people are an inconvenience only to be tolerated 6 months before a general election and how dare they have a peoples vote we do not agree with

A house of lords who to all effect, apart from being an eu franchise, is a non accountable body making sure the wishes of another unnacountable body, the eu project are rubber stamped

It seems to the only purpose they wish for the people, is to just keep paying their bills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Risky. What if enough people say, "We don't believe you"?

You cannot always talk people out of opposing your goals, but you can always exhaust them out it.

5. Is there any doubt at all in anyone's mind that the MayBot is working to ensure that the UK remains in the EU, or as worst-case (for her), is engineering an "Exit" that guarantees a quick return to "the fold"? Anyone?

If you accept that May works towards Remain, what tactic should she have followed to ensure that result
    ok, she is working to stay in the EU, lets roll with that for a mo, why is se working with the EU to achive this? when disquiet is apparently rife accross the EU member states? why the conspiricy? what even makes you think she is pro EU and the four pillars?
    hostile envoronment anyone?,
    a history of incompotence anyone?
    poison challace anyone?
    a party split on the EU anyone?
    half a decade listening to people of an independent mind and not once have i heard anything like this.

#30565 finm, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. You would have to be confident of backing up your horror story I suppose.

That's true, it's worked for children for years

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. the only conspiricy i can see and yet again confirmed this morning, in my mind anyhoo, was 40mins of brexit on BBC R.Scot, corbin/may and a possible CU. nobody mentioning freedom of movement thats so important to us and when Mike Russel MSP tried to bring it up, cut off and talked over.

8. I can't see the EU allowing CU without freedom of movement - it's only being hushed to keep it off national news and allow May's deal through 'quietly'....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Finm, you've had freedom of movement for donkeys years, just face it no one wants to live there, most want to live and work south of the border. :upyeah: ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. How rude ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. nobody mentioning freedom of movement thats so important to us and when Mike Russel MSP tried to bring it up, cut off and talked over.

When migrants are offered freedom of movement within the U.K. and for the last 10 years fin, most of them have freely chosen, no thank you to Scotland.

Blame that on what ever you want if it helps you, but when push comes to shove, you could have a bridge coming from the eu direct to Scotland and they would still turn left and head down south, leaving Scotland.

Until you resolve that issue why so many do NOT want to go to Scotland, then any other argument on free movement by the snp is little more that bumfluff and lsd induced nonsense

13. This has become so polarised it is absurd. Leave according to many now means 100% gone/ WTO which the Leave campaigners certainly were not projecting as what would happen. Just look up their speeches. Try not to get lost in edited sound bites designed by news media to sensationalise and sell advertising! And check the dates...

Remain & Leave supporters too often now insult as many people as they can, who do not exactly mirror their thoughts. They believe their own opinions are 100% right regardless of what actually happened and conventional wisdom based on hundreds of years.

Close division means standoff followed by compromise. By everyone. Look back on your own life.

14. Agree, they have always maintained the four pillars or nothing, they are unlikely to change if they see the uk are on the ropes with the political elite over riding the population

15. our cunning plan worked, that boarder does tend to seperate the men from the xenop, oops, boys..
    :upyeah:;)

16. Incorrect, at the heart of the vote was leave the eu and all of it's procedures, laws and governance. The key was leave and not what level of remain do you want.

The confusion of levels has always been little more than a device by remainers to say we didn't know what we were voting for whilst ignoring leave never had dependent on a deal anywhere

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Do you have a link harry as I suspect as most things revolving around scotland, they use percentages to hide the actual numbers

18. i guess ending freedom of movement could be a good idea to help bring em in?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information