1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. As I said, read the previous replies that you have already ignored :) that way you will hopefully stop going around in circles...

2. is he a one legged duck?

3. Chiz, politics, get involved, you'd be fab... a lot better than that mini forum Nancy in a skirt anyhoo and better then that American Fart too :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. me? Politics? Funny enough watchin you lot dance around it. I'll be a wallflower thanks.. Unless ya askin?

5. exe hasnt got a clue about uk or anywhere politics for that matter. to interested in men in kilts and getting a bit more advertising exposure. dirty exe dirty.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Politics? - what happens when a parrot swallows a watch.

7. The German surplus of trade in goods and services with the UK is around £30Bn. Imagine the meeting with the head of the German BDI (trade body representing a majority of German manufacturers and service companies) Herr Grillo and Frau Merkel. She says "we're negotiating Brexit and and intend to impose tariffs on the trade with the UK after exit. Herr Grillo asks "how does this benefit our members and employees?"

8. how do these rats get away with writing such hate filled bollocks? (from today's Express)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. yip, strange init? i was charged a few years back for sending an offensive text to a hotel owner. no threats or false allegations, no swearing either, just a wee opinion piece on what i thought of him and his hotel. yet these twats pretty much get away with inciting violence and perverting democracy. dont try and tell me people dont quote that rag. cos they do. heres a wee stat for you, over 50% of people never read to the bottom of an article, which unsurprisingly is where you will find the small element of truth that makes the headline pass the IPSO challenge. but at the end of day there must be a market for it. which i guess is far more worrying than any article the scum BUM can print.

10. The point is, the referendum was proposed in a referendum bill, put before Parliament by David Cameron on the explicit understanding that this would be a once and once only vote and the result would be binding. Parliament voted for the referendum on those terms by a majority of six to one.
    It is right and proper that Parliament should debate the proposed exit deal when it has been arrived at before it is finalised but it would be foolish in the extreme for Parliament to dictate terms to the negotiating team before those negotiations have even started and declare in advance the UK Government's hand. Cameron did that in his so-called renegotiations and look where that got him.
    Remain MPs will have to accept that Brexit is going to happen, there isn't going to be a second referendum and they cannot thwart the will of the people on technicalities.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. I wonder what Jo Cox’s family think of their article.

12. That is simply not the case. The referendum is not and was never intended to be binding. The option of holding a binding referendum existed, but was decisively rejected. In the event, the referendum was purely advisory.

The government is in the terribly awkward position of being lumbered with a referendum result which is extremely difficult politically to go against (even though it is not legally binding), yet there are large majorities in both houses of parliament and in all the main parties which oppose it. So the government has to try to force through parliament measures which everyone knows will be catastrophically damaging and which only a minority support. Interesting times!

Still, when Theresa May applied for the job she knew very well that it wasn't going to be easy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Brexit won't happen.........I have said it before and I will say it again and again..........

Since when did any Government in the UK actually completely undo something a previous UK Government had set up?

(The Poll Tax was undone by the same Government that imposed it, so that doesn't count).

Anyway it would be one helluva rush to make Brexit happen before Putin kicks off WW3.........or is it Putin?

Because if the USA and UK weren't intent on removing Assad and helping the 'rebels' involved (as per Libya etc etc)........

14. i believe they call it shooting yourself in the foot or some such

15. Germany alone will not make the decision. Any deal has to be approved by all the remaining EU states.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. ...I'm far more worried about WWIII kicking off than I am about the pros and cons of Brexit.

We seem to be blindly stumbling in to a potential conflict with Russia and it doesn't seem to register within the general population.....am I alone in finding this odd?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. You seem to be saying that the Germans can be relied upon to be helpful, reasonable, sensible and generous - so much so that we can be sure they will rescue us from the harmful consequences of our own folly.

Well maybe. But I doubt if that position would be a vote-winner in a British election. Or a German one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Btw the poll tax still exists. The cost of council tax didnt fall at the rate they increased when it became a per person charge. Just renamed and now a 'discount' may be avaiable if less than two in the house...

19. Isnt the quote being taken out of context? It was clear the poster was referring to the loss for Germany being so great it would add pressure to stop Germany, and thus the EU (as they rule anyway, so much for millions of soldiers lives..) to make sure levies are not prohibitive as a counter ,easure, obviously, would be levies for goods from Germany coming in. Goodbye BMW and Merc and Audi, hello Nissan, Honda, Ford (if they bring plants back), Mini (possibly)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information