1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neil Hamilton near doubled the UKIP vote, but that was still only 2,023 votes.

2. Yeah. If he had been my guy, he'd have won.

I don't believe that what is wrong with UK politics will be fixed by voting for one of "three or four" Brexit parties. If the Brexit parties decide to organise and coordinate, I will believe that they are serious about changing things. If they don't - I won't believe they're serious.

Even then, the UK electorate will have to start taking an interest in politics again ... instead of their usual leaving everything to *the last people on Earth who should be left to get on with things*. That I see as even less likely than the Brexit parties getting their Ess Aitch One Tea together.

Nope. I foresee lethargic acceptance as the way forward, until the UK Establishment ultimately goes a bridge too far and triggers a backlash.

Prove me wrong, Great Britain! : o D

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Do you mean they don’t want to admit they think the U.K. should leave the Eu in case someone calls them racist or stupid ?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I expected them to do better and 8.6% is not too bad. Labour and the Tories basically held position.

5. More discussion on the TV today about what sort of deal would we like, but it’s all about what trade deal we’d like.

There’s no correspondence with what the strings (Shackles) associated with each option are.

It would be easy, albeit foolish, to assume from the press coverage and Parliamentary debate that we can have any options we want like a pick and mix, with EU willing to go along with it?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Lost a big chunk of votes though, both Con and Lab.

Hardly on a level to worry the Establishment, of course.

7. Just had a remoaner in the office telling us he has just stocked up on beer due to Brexit , yes beer! In case the ports are blocked he said.
    Asked him what type: Theakstons, yip, brewed just down the road from where he lives :blush:
    The moral of this story is that remainers are predominantly thick, unless they have personal selfish perceived reasons to remain :bucktooth:

Interesting stuff eh?

As ever, always happy to help :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. no, i think many people are just not particulary keen to talk about politics in any real depth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. no, it says people in the motor manufacturing bussness are predominantly thick.

10. Yes, 20,000 reduction in turnout! 45%!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. He was a car mechanic dropping off someone’s car :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Sort of, I don't think I am making my point very clear though. I will try again.

The argument is people didn't know what exactly they were voting for in the referendum in terms of leave, there could be all sorts of versions of leaving.

To me, that is similar to in a GE - people vote for a party based on a particular policy, If that party win, but don't implement that policy how you were expecting should there be another election, based on those people no longer voting for that party ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's not up to me to prove that I'm not, it's up to you to prove that I am... in the same way that I asked Loz to prove what David 'pig fucker' Cameron said.

But thanks for playing!

14. Ok, so another one that you keep repeating and I'm still not sure that I understand, so I'll ask...

In what way could voting "Remain" not be interpreted as keeping the "status quo" in the country?

With pretty pictures as well please.

15. Not sure how to put it in pictures but would you say the EU project is the same now as it was say 10 years ago ?

16. Of course, once again you've missed the bigger picture.

When the ports are blocked because of our new hard border where everything has to be customs checked (and the government still haven't recruited any more staff to cope, let alone opened new ports or done anything rather than park a few lorries on the M20...) that means that lovely foreign beer won't get through to the shelves in the local stores. Of course, the local brewery will still be making it but they only make so much (because you can't just instantly expand a business...) so there is less beer on the shelves to be shared between the same number of people, which (OMG!) may lead to shortages.

So actually stockpiling anything whether it was made in the UK or outside, could be a good idea if you want to have a guaranteed supply.

But thanks again for your input, it's always worth a chuckle.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I agree that it is changing, but my point is that it's not changing exclusively after voting to remain.

If you don't like what the EU has become or is becoming, then by all means vote Leave, but don't assume that everyone else doesn't understand...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. we did, 17.4 million of us, you may have heard of it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information