1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. i am afraid (for the innocent and well intentioned) but. the two are intrinsically linked paul.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thats just your assumption. noob.

3. @portboy I was being satirical

• Like Like x 1
  4. lets have a quiz, if I went looking for that picture, would I find it in

wings over scotland or the times?

5. Get your history right. That's the wrong James. It was James II (VII of Scotland) that was deposed.

6. I wasn't.

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. No need to frown Bud, outdated and not required in my opinion .

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. Doesn't make sense to me....isn't the other way around?
    My understanding is that JC would prefer a tighter relation with the EU, TM wouldn't accept these "redlines" so how is she doing what Brussels masters told her?

• WTF WTF x 1
  10. Corbyn doesn't want a closer tie, he want's the goodies in the sweetshop but doesn't want to deal with the shop owner

11. TM appears to be the barrier to everything, is she being the scapegoat ?
    Though what for I don’t know.
    Is it;
    Because of TM we are remaining
    Or
    Because of TM we are leaving without a deal

12. John Bercow sigh........... phhhhh

13. I keep coming back to this.

The shield of incompetence that May uses, which I interpret as a shroud to cover her desire to overturn UK democracy and keep us in the EU ... could alternatively be cover for her trying to get No Deal via the back door against the wishes of a deeply stupid, infantilised Parliament.
    I have on occasion expressed similar thoughts in this thread, which those with good memories will recall.

The optimist in me hopes, against all hope, that the latter may be true. The dookie in me, the extreme pessimist, firmly believes the former.

14. It’s easier to think she is negotiating remaining in the Ep as she campaigned for that in the referendum, but the way things are playing out it could go either way.

15. why does it matter? i never passed him of as an impartial bystander? who dosent have an oppinion and why is his any less valid?
    there you go, theres another three things you can witter on about for a bit.

16. she aint a remainer. move on from that and then things will become clearer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. She campaigned for remain, perhaps she has changed her mind.
    A lot of people have apparently.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. That is deliberate strategy. May needs uncertainty and confusion for now. At some point, it will be the right time to spring her trap and reveal what she has had in mind all along.

I keep trying to game this. What is she trying to achieve? I see the tactic she is using but what is going to be the endgame? Is she waiting for the Great British Public to get tired and bored? Or is there some external mechanism that will come into play? Will there be an amazingly inconvenient terrorist "incident", coming at just the wrong time, to interfere with the smooth running (and civil liberties) of the the Country?

NB, I refer to May, "she", etc. I mean of course the architects of the current situation, for whom May is merely a mouthpiece and a prop.

19. she was never a ramainer. she never expected brexit. she is an opportunist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Who would have thought three years after voting for a clean break leave that we wouldn't have left, what was being offered was what level of remain you want and that we would be entering into the euro mep elections again?

apart from the eu commissioners that is

Do Not Sell My Personal Information