1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You're always on the loosing side, what's it like :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. whats it like?
    its like we have the lowest crime rate in over forty years
    its like we dont have the most violent city in the EU anymore
    its like we aint the poorest country in the EU anymore as we where in 2005
    its like we have the best nhs
    its like we have a narrowing attainment gap
    its like we have the best positive outcomes for our kids now in the history of our Parliament
    its like not having to sell our homes to pay for elderly care
    its like having an internationally respected Gov
    its like we are no longer just a northern region of england
    its like we are almost there.
    now, if thats loosing..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Unfortunately this is just your opinion, nothing to back it up whatsoever. It seems equally unfortunate that you are not making EU policy. Still those that do said

Michel Barnier, European Commission Brexit negotiator: “the United Kingdom will naturally find itself in a less favourable situation than that of a Member State”
    Source: European Commission press release, 22 March 2017

The European Parliament’s draft resolution on Brexit: “a State leaving the Union cannot enjoy similar benefits as an EU Member State”
    Source: European Parliament, 29 March 2017

Sigmar Gabriel, German Foreign Minister: “It is clear that a partnership outside the European Union, as the United Kingdom is striving for, must necessarily be less than membership. A free trade agreement, however far-reaching and innovative it is, is inevitably less trade friendly than the barrier-free internal market.”

So regardless of whether you me or anyone else likes it, the EU have been very clear. Unlike those liars that you seem to forgive. Just incase you fogot any of the lies here's another link. Its fine not to personally attach any importance to what was actually said. Its nonsense to claim you know 17.4 million others feel exactly the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=0xGt3QmRSZY

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The benefits of being in the UK, just think what it would be like if you won.

5. in 2005 the Parliament was only 6years old and had been run by Unionist party's for all that time mirroring uk policy.
    if anybody cared to look at the performances of the devolved areas of gov over its 20 year history and the period before that they would see its not just about where we are, its more how far we have come.
    if ever there was a better example of one size doesn't fit all. bring it on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Highest rate of drug deaths in europe?

7. a decades old problem and you will know its the older addicts with underlying health problems. you will know less younger people are taking them up despite austerity of the last 10 years and you will know the powers to deal with the problem are reserved.
    you will maybe also know the scot gov is trying to implement proven methods of treatment, consumption rooms ect, but the uK gov wont grant the powers to do so.

8. @noobie, given your post its odd that you now disagree with me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. So lets also be aware that the number of people that thought Leave with Uninterupted Free Trade, Customs Union & Single Market at the referendum was 52%

Currently the number of people who think No Deal aka WTO (other names are available) in a YouGov poll is a good idea is 25%. Polls aren't definitive, but there must be a reason why the support for Leave without the above is only approx half what it was.
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic.../04/what-do-public-think-about-no-deal-brexit

YOU.jpg

#30989 Jez900ie, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Not really, you consider leaving the eu would leave us with a worse deal, the people of the uk were looking for a different deal that could be more suited to the uk in an ever increasing world market.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have looked for information on this. best I can find is broadly speaking nothing major will or is planned to change in the next few years. I might not have found the correct info though! If you have a link I'd appreciate it so I can read up.

12. Ah, that will be the market that is actually growing :thinkingface:

13. You quoted Barnier, you lost the argument there :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well we are always exporting to the world outside of the EU such a lot.
    exports.png

Then of course Trumps bound to give a sweetheart deal - said no one at all.
    Japan already announced in the last few weeks they would not give as good trading conditions as the recently signed with the EU.

15. sycophant.
    :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. That isn’t the future :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information